Dudjom Tersar question

Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Dudjom Tersar question

Post by Adamantine »

I know Lama Tenzin Samphel, I am actually now feeling silly for not mentioning him before.
He is the real deal, a wonderful Lama and the perfect source of advice on the Dudjom Tersar.
If you're in Switzerland, I'd do my best to visit his center firstly (and while you're in France make
pilgrimage to Dordogne to where HH Dudjom Rinpoche practiced, lived and passed into
Parinirvana.) Then finally once you've made a connection, try inviting him to Switzerland and
organizing a teaching event, even if small. I think if the temdrel is right if may happen easily.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
dzinamitra

Post by dzinamitra »

Thanks for your comment. I know the Dudjom Rinpoche's place in Dordogne, I gone there in pilgramge when I was 15 years old after receiving teaching and empowerments from H.H. 17th Karmapa at Dhagpo Kagyu Ling in Dordogne also, that's a real blessed place. I hope going there another time after 18 years, now I know who is really Dudjom Rinpoche I can see this place differently, that was not the case when I was 15 ahah :sage:

I spoke with a good Dharma friend by phone today about the same question I asked you and I share you is good advice "don't search nobody, nor advice for the moment, you tell me you have the necessary instruction/lungs to do a ngondro in this lineage ? So Just do it, connect yourself to it and through this powerfull blessings, the lineage will come to you naturally, opportunities will come spontaneously, you will have nothing to search to be able to practice this path if you connect yourself deeply with this lineage".

Logical, simple, and sage advice. I will follow it.

Thanks for the time you used to respond me, I appreciate.

Sarwa Mangalam
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

So it's true you don't just have the lung you have the tri - the instruction too?
There is a specific melody for the ngondro that's part of the terma, visualization
specifics, also etc. It's always good to get all of the information so you can work with the tools
properly. If you have everything you need, then he's right you have good connections
already and have the transmission and instruction, best thing just do the practice.
Although I don't personally know Lama Pema Dorje, (I met him once briefly)-- I have total confidence
in him via friends who know him well and also because I know his brother Lama Dawa Chodaak and
his late teacher Kunzang Dorje Rinpoche who spoke highly of him-/ so I believe
you have a perfect connection already. However, if you need clarification and it's
hard to talk or meet with him because of distance- Lama Tenzin is really a supremely gifted Dharma teacher.

Wishing you all the best with your aspirations and practice.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Lama Pema Dorje does travel to Europe, and is accessible.
You can email his wife. And Lopon Orgyen certainly visits your
area often. I trust you have the resources you need. You will
be successful in this lineage.
miranda

Re: @ Madhusudan : Dudjom Tersar question

Post by miranda »

Dear Madhusudan, as it has been said above, I advice you to visit Lama Tenzin Samphel in his center in France , shedup kunzang chöling. He is teaching in french, but of course can talk in english . He will be able to answer all your questions about the Dudjom way of practice. I personally have been practicing with him since 15 years. Of course he first leads new practitioners into the DT Ngondro, short and long versions. After that he has been teaching since 10 years extensively on Yidam Vajrakilaya (both Dudjom Lingpa Namachak Putri and DR Putri Repung) from the Korde Rushen, and Dzogchen level first to the regular sadhana practice in many group retreats and 2 drubchen. He is planning to start the teaching of the cycle of the Dakini Tröma this year , around end of March. That will be the beginning of a new cycle for his students. May be a good time to join.... You can come in his center , alone , few days before the group programs, and have may opportunities for personal contacts. It is a very small and familial structure .
You can pm me if you need some more info.
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

It all depends on the lama...

But, kyabje Rinpoche usually says, phurba, dakini, and then guru. Or sometimes not guru, since it is in the ngondro. Sounds crazy, I know....

Their is a good lama in Switzerland. I forgot his name...
Tongnyid Dorje

Post by Tongnyid Dorje »

dzinamitra wrote:Hello of you,

Thank you very much for your swifts responses.

I received Dudjom Tersar wang and lung mainly from Lopon Orgyen Tenzin Rinpoche and 2 other empowerments from Lama Pema Dorje Rinpoche. And I received aswell Dudul WangDrak Dorje Drollö wang at the second initiation by Lopon Orgyen Tenzin in this tradition.

Yes I ask for the general framework because I did 15 years of practice in Karma Kagyu tradition who works very differently and since many years hearth blossomed just by hearring the name of Dudjom and finally I took contact with the lineage and directly after I wanted to deep my practice in this tradition make this one my main practice. So I practiced the wangs I received (mainly Dorje Drollö lejang and gyunkhyer) according to my knowledge and reading nyenyig from Dudjom Rinpoche's sungbum. But I stoped very recently, thinking it was perharps better to do a new ngondro in this tradition and I began a new Ngondro in Dujom Tersar keeping different tsok practice on 10th and 25th days and 3 days of Putri RekPhung at home before Losar. But finally I don't know, I don't received wisdom advice from the Lama.

But as all you said that depend on the individual and you are all right... I know that, but I have to find a Lama who can give guidance. I don't blame Lama who gift me generously these wangs, in opposite I'm very gratefull aswell as the time was missing for personal advices.

I'm living in Europe, precisely in Switzerland. I never traveled to US, that was a lot of time I wanted to meet Shenpen Dawa Rinpoche, I hope one time and you are right, time is hurry up.

Anybody knows Lama Tenzin Samphel who is living in France ?

Thank you very much for your help.

I think you can have personal guidance from lopon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche. I am his student too and I have very personal relationship with him. He is available on phone, email, or facebook also. He use to visit Europe every year in lot of countries. He is just great and simple lama, direct student of HH Dudjom Rinpoche and very devoted to dudjom tersar and nyingma in general. Even you can visit him at his home at Sarnath, India, and stay there for some time. He is really great.Im so lucky that I have met him.

:namaste:
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:51 pm The Dudjom Tersar ngondro is a complete path.
What other complete paths are there?

Longchen Nyingthig ngondro?

If it is complete, I probably should stick with Longchen ngondro as it is more accessible and has extensive commentarial literature.
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

heart

Post by heart »

Nalanda wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:29 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:51 pm The Dudjom Tersar ngondro is a complete path.

If it is complete, I probably should stick with Longchen ngondro as it is more accessible and has extensive commentarial literature.
There are many complete paths but without a teacher they are all pretty impossible to walk.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Saw you’ve done a course with Tergar. Did you like it? Do you resonate with Mingyur Rinpoche as a teacher? Tergar’s already about as accessible as it gets. Complete path laid out step-by-step from sutra to Mahamudra/Dzogchen. With lots of support available.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:11 pm

Saw you’ve done a course with Tergar. Did you like it? Do you resonate with Mingyur Rinpoche as a teacher? Tergar’s already about as accessible as it gets. Complete path laid out step-by-step from sutra to Mahamudra/Dzogchen. With lots of support available.

Not finished. I have the course. I can't say I "resonate", no. I haven't talked to him. I haven't met him. So, with people always saying "find a teacher", I am now...."finding a teacher".

dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Nalanda wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 pm

Not finished. I have the course. I can't say I "resonate", no. I haven't talked to him. I haven't met him. So, with people always saying "find a teacher", I am now...."finding a teacher".
It’s no problem, if you don’t click with someone you don’t click. I was just curious as you mentioned looking for something accessible, and Tergar makes the path as accessible as any Western sangha.

But it’s fine to just be like a bee, take many teachings from many teachers until you find one that you have enough interest to stick with.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:54 pm
Nalanda wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 pm

It’s no problem, if you don’t click with someone you don’t click. I was just curious as you mentioned looking for something accessible, and Tergar makes the path as accessible as any Western sangha.

But it’s fine to just be like a bee, take many teachings from many teachers until you find one that you have enough interest to stick with.
100% correct. Sounds like what Malcolm also said and I'm following that.

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

It is not more accessible, and DT provides its own extensive commentaries.

Anyway, do not approach it this way. Follow the heart, and not the head. (My 2 cents, works for me, YMMV, etc.)
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:12 pm

It is not more accessible, and DT provides its own extensive commentaries.

Anyway, do not approach it this way. Follow the heart, and not the head. (My 2 cents, works for me, YMMV, etc.)

If I follow the heart, my heart tells me Longechen Nyingthig. I don't "know" why. :bow: Thank you.

Return to “Nyingma”