Palyul Namdroling annual one-month retreat

rangdrolrigpa

Palyul Namdroling annual one-month retreat

Postby rangdrolrigpa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:28 am

Hello and good day to you
Any of you know if there are still one-month retreats happening at Namdrolling?
On the website it says there are retreats of three levels - which are ngonro, tsa-lung and dzogchen
I'm interested in ngondro.

Also, what are the chances for a westerner to go into their three year retreat after all preparations are done? Is it only for chosen ones? Aanyone have any experience? The thing is, I'm much more interested in doing a three year with trekcho e.t.c core dzogchen involved than the one mostly focused on ngondro, rituals, 3 roots etc

thank you

Dawai Gocha

Re: Palyul Namdroling annual one-month retreat

Postby Dawai Gocha » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 pm

Yes they're still happening.

rangdrolrigpa

Postby rangdrolrigpa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Dawai Gocha wrote:Yes they're still happening.

mybe you have some more info or know anyone whos going there?

I'm planning to go for the first time this year.

Also, I've herd there is a kind of a 7-year program in Palyul tradition in particular including ngondro, tsalung and dzogchen transmission, I wonder if these retreats indeed do span for several years consecutively

Karma Jinpa

Postby Karma Jinpa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:42 am

Are you talking about the gompa in Bylakuppe, Mysore, Karnataka (South India) or the monastery in Upstate NY (USA)?

I have several Palyulpa friends, some of whom have attended the one-month retreats annually in McDonough, NY. I believe that the 7 year program happens for one month each year for 7 consecutive years (though I was just told it's now 8 years, and it seems one can attend as circumstances permit).

http://retreat.palyul.org

Address to use for GPS in Google and Waze:
Palyul Retreat Center
359 German Hollow Road
McDonough, NY 13801

In iPhone Maps: 359 Hollow Road (but note we are not on Skillman-Hoffman Road as shown in their map).

Fax:
607-656-9912

Voice:
607-656-9640

Namdroling usually refers to the main seat founded by Kyabjé Penor Rinpoche in India, though there is also a Palyul Namdroling in Bozeman, Montana, which also runs a Cyber Shedra.
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱས་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

:namaste:

Rabga Drime

Postby Rabga Drime » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:19 pm

I think the best idea would be to contact Namdroling (or upstate NY if that's what you mean) directly. They can offer you more information then anyone else could. Also, if you have a Palyul teacher, then they can offer you some guidance.

In Namdroling (South India) they only speak Tibetan, so make sure you know Tibetan before going for any retreat. Also, I am not sure how they do the 3-Year retreat, but I think it may be monastic only.

rangdrolrigpa

Postby rangdrolrigpa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:43 am

Karma Jinpa wrote:Are you talking about the gompa in Bylakuppe, Mysore, Karnataka (South India) or the monastery in Upstate NY (USA)?

I'm referring here to Namdroling in India. I'm going to India every year and I'm not able to travel to US so I'm more interested in attending this program in India.

rangdrolrigpa

Postby rangdrolrigpa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:50 am

Rabga Drime wrote:In Namdroling (South India) they only speak Tibetan, so make sure you know Tibetan before going for any retreat. Also, I am not sure how they do the 3-Year retreat, but I think it may be monastic only.

Exactly my thoughts. I travel to India for this and not to US. I've heard sometimes when people come to Namdroling in India for this annual 1-month retreat they organize some translation. It would also be alot easier if I could find a group of people who go there for this teachings.

Return to “Nyingma”