Red Chenrezig (Munsel Dronme)

Pero

Red Chenrezig (Munsel Dronme)

Post by Pero »

Does anyone know this practice and can tell me something about it?

Because it seems Ganteng Tulku Rinpoche will give empowerment for this here in December.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Re: Red Chenrezig (Munsel Dronme)

Post by heart »

Pero wrote:Does anyone know this practice and can tell me something about it?

Because it seems Ganteng Tulku Rinpoche will give empowerment for this here in December.
You can buy the text here http://www.yeshekhorlo.org/node/188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the picture here

http://www.yeshekhorlo.org/node/189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Thanks Magnus but I already found those before. :smile:
There isn't any details about the practice. Somewhere I found that it involves generating oneself as the deity and also visualizing the deity outside of oneself but that's all. And I can't buy the text since I don't have the empowerment.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Pero wrote:Thanks Magnus but I already found those before. :smile:
There isn't any details about the practice. Somewhere I found that it involves generating oneself as the deity and also visualizing the deity outside of oneself but that's all. And I can't buy the text since I don't have the empowerment.
Padma Lingpa's terma. It's in Rinchen Terdzo vol.23 (Dege version) and has a comparatively short text among all Avalokesrivara texts in Rinchen terdzo.

Generating self and front deities is not rare. Usually you need to generate both when doing longer practice text. In shorter text it's sometimes skipped but it can be either 1. you don't need to generate front mandala or 2. you need to, just the author felt that you should have known it. Depends on what text you are doing.
It's mentioned in Nyingma generation stage teachings. There are several books available.
Pero

Post by Pero »

narraboth wrote:
Padma Lingpa's terma. It's in Rinchen Terdzo vol.23 (Dege version) and has a comparatively short text among all Avalokesrivara texts in Rinchen terdzo.
Is it Anuyoga or Mahayoga? Or Yogatantra? And are there any particular samayas with it?
- Shabkar
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Pero wrote:
narraboth wrote:
Is it Anuyoga or Mahayoga? Or Yogatantra? And are there any particular samayas with it?
it's in mahayoga chapter.
not sure about samaya, probably just normal samaya.
Pero

Post by Pero »

narraboth wrote: it's in mahayoga chapter.
not sure about samaya, probably just normal samaya.
I see. I'll probably go. Thanks Narraboth.
- Shabkar
Yontan

Post by Yontan »

Rinpoche gave this empowerment in CO this past spring. There were no particular samayas associated with it.
Pema Lingpa's main terma are divided into three sections: Chenrezig, Lama and Dzogchen. The Munsel Dronme is the main empowerment for the Chenrezig cycle. If you have a connection with Gangteng Tulku and the Peling lineage, it would be a great blessing if nothing else. It is also a beautiful, short sadhana if you have an interest in practicing Chenrezig.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Yontan wrote:Rinpoche gave this empowerment in CO this past spring. There were no particular samayas associated with it.
Pema Lingpa's main terma are divided into three sections: Chenrezig, Lama and Dzogchen. The Munsel Dronme is the main empowerment for the Chenrezig cycle. If you have a connection with Gangteng Tulku and the Peling lineage, it would be a great blessing if nothing else. It is also a beautiful, short sadhana if you have an interest in practicing Chenrezig.
Thanks. I have already registered for it.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

So the initiation was yesterday. All together with the explanation of the practice it took about 5 hours. It's a wonderful practice. Also to my surprise, Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche said that this practice belongs to the 11th yana - Dzogchen Yangti. What are the 9th and 10th yanas considered to be then, does anyone know? I heard a classification like this before but can't remember.
Yontan wrote:Rinpoche gave this empowerment in CO this past spring. There were no particular samayas associated with it.
Just a small correction, there was one particular samaya. :smile:
- Shabkar
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

Pero wrote:What are the 9th and 10th yanas considered to be then, does anyone know? I heard a classification like this before but can't remember.
It's because you don't read french! :woohoo: Just kidding...

Orgyen Lingpa has given two lists of 12 vehicles (theg ba bcu gnyis). In the case of the second list, the 9th Yana is Ati, the 10th is Chiti (sPyi-ti) and the 11th is Yangti. In case you wonder what the 12th is, it's the Tachen (mTha' chen). Such classifications have survived even in the Chogyur Lingpa termas.
Pero

Post by Pero »

mutsuk wrote: It's because you don't read french! :woohoo: Just kidding...
:D
Orgyen Lingpa has given two lists of 12 vehicles (theg ba bcu gnyis). In the case of the second list, the 9th Yana is Ati, the 10th is Chiti (sPyi-ti) and the 11th is Yangti. In case you wonder what the 12th is, it's the Tachen (mTha' chen). Such classifications have survived even in the Chogyur Lingpa termas.
Could you describe a little what the differences are between them? Particularly Tachen, I don't think I ever heard of it before.
- Shabkar
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Pero wrote:
mutsuk wrote: Orgyen Lingpa has given two lists of 12 vehicles (theg ba bcu gnyis). In the case of the second list, the 9th Yana is Ati, the 10th is Chiti (sPyi-ti) and the 11th is Yangti. In case you wonder what the 12th is, it's the Tachen (mTha' chen). Such classifications have survived even in the Chogyur Lingpa termas.
Could you describe a little what the differences are between them? Particularly Tachen, I don't think I ever heard of it before.
I'm bumping this old thread in case anyone would like to address Pero's question. This is something I've never heard of.

(seems that bumping old threads has come into fashion at DW...)
firstthingid

Post by firstthingid »

Anyone can help me to get Red Chenrezig (Munsel Dronme) sadhana text? In english translation. I really need it. Thank you

Return to “Nyingma”