SkAB KRGYAD

kalden yungdrung

SkAB KRGYAD

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek, :smile:

Can anybody here from you elucidate the Nyingma text "Kabje" (sKab krgayd) ?

Am interested too about the contents of this text.

Thanks in advance for your attentiom

Kalden Yungdrung
The best meditation is no meditation
Malcolm

Re: SkAB KRGYAD

Post by Malcolm »

kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek, :smile:

Kalden Yungdrung

Are you certain of the spelling?
kalden yungdrung

Namdrol wrote:

Kalden Yungdrung

Yes i am it is also a wellknown text within the Bon tradition and this would in Bon stem from Drenpa Namkha

KY
kalden yungdrung

Namdrol wrote:

Kalden Yungdrung

Yes i am it is also a wellknown text within the Bon tradition and this would in Bon stem from Drenpa Namkha

KY
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

Kalden Yungdrung

KY
The reason I ask is that there is this is in incorrect spelling krgyad -- k is never used as a prefix letter. Do you mean to spell brgyad i.e. "eight"? IN which case the translation would be "eight delays" or something like that.

I think you must mean bka' brgyad i.e. the eight transmissions i.e. Yamantaka, Hayagriva, Heruka, Amritakundali, Kilaya, Matarah, etc. These are the eight sadhana cycles belonging to anuyoga system (according to Longchenpa) brought by Guru Padmasambhava to Tibet.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

If, in fact, you mean bka' brgyad (often written "Kagye" phonetically), there are many texts relating to the "8 Commands," as it's sometimes translated. There are several terma traditions that incorporate these 8 deities in one practice, "Kagye Deshek Dupa" being the most famous I think, and then there are numerous sadhanas of the individual deities. These exist in the Kama as well as in many terma traditions.

Namdrol has indicated that Longchenpa classified these as Anu, which was news to me--normally one sees these practices referred to as Mahayoga, I think. I've seen different classifications of the main Nyingma Yidams-- the three main "Yidam Practices" are Kagye, Gongdu and Phurba, according to Khenpo Namdrol, and Tendrel Nyesel includes Gongdu, Kagye, Dupa Do (Anuyoga's main scripture, and main "deity practice") as well as the Shitro (Illusory Net)...

In any case, you need to be more specific before anyone can help, I think.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
achillies000

Post by achillies000 »

Thanks in advance for your attentiom :namaste:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Texts...there are many texts about Kagye.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

You can learn more by going here: http://www.rangjung.com/gl/Kabgye.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Googling "kagye" will get you to even more information.

Good luck and best wishes.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Post by Reibeam »

Has chNN ever given a transmission for Yamantaka in the Anuyoga style that he typically does?
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

conebeckham wrote:If, in fact, you mean bka' brgyad (often written "Kagye" phonetically).....

Namdrol has indicated that Longchenpa classified these as Anu, which was news to me--normally one sees these practices referred to as Mahayoga, I think. I've seen different classifications of the main Nyingma Yidams-- the three main "Yidam Practices" are Kagye, Gongdu and Phurba, according to Khenpo Namdrol, and Tendrel Nyesel includes Gongdu, Kagye, Dupa Do (Anuyoga's main scripture, and main "deity practice") as well as the Shitro (Illusory Net)...

In any case, you need to be more specific before anyone can help, I think.
In Longchen Nyingthig, the Kagye cycle (Kagye palchen dupa) was classified as Maha-atiyoga. In this cycle there's even a text about how to classify Maha-maha, maha-anu,... until Ati-atiyoga. Ju Mipham also explained a bit in his famous commentary on Guhyangarbha tantra: Od-gsal nyingpo. There are many different ways to classify upper three tantras in Nyingma school, one common way is to check how the mandala is generated. In that sense, most of Kagye text is more like Mahayoga.

Note that when we talk about Maha, anu, atiyoga, it's originally a classification on tantra, whilst traditionally we call Kagye as 'Drub de Ka gye' (the practice kind), compare to 'gyu de zhi tro' (the tantra kind). There are tantras for dieties in Kagye cycle though: 'the display of supreme horse', 'pieces of skull'..... traditionally Nyingmapa classified them as Mahayoga tantra.
However, in the mainly Sarma collection Gyu de kun du, Vajrakila and Yangdak were classified in mother tantra section, which (kind of) link to anuyoga tanra.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

achillies000 wrote:Am interested too about the contents of this text.

Thanks in advance for your attentiom :namaste:
The most famous and important 'text' about Kagye teaching is the general commentary made by Ju Mipham.

Return to “Nyingma”