Ju Mipham Namgyal Rinpoche (Nyingma?)

caveman

Ju Mipham Namgyal Rinpoche (Nyingma?)

Post by caveman »

Some lineages say that Ju Mipham Namgyal Rinpoche has no new reincarnations.

Yet some lineages say that he did reincarnate.

One of his reincarnations was the Venerable Namgyal Rinpoche (a westerner from Canada) who was recognized by the 16th Karmapa and he then fell under their lineage flag and not the Nyingmapa Sect as per his pervious incarnation.

Namgyal Rinpoche died in 2003 and if his reincarnation comes back would he now have to be recognized only by the Karma Kagyu or could the Nyingmapa Sect reclaim him?

This is an important question since some high ranking Karma Kagyu Tulkus have stated that the reincarnation of Namgyal Rinpoche MUST be recognized ONLY by the 17th Karmapa.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Ashocka

Re: Ju Mipham Namgyal Rinpoche (Nyingma?)

Post by Ashocka »

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's first son was recognised by HH Penor Rinpoche (http://www.chronicleproject.com/stories_128.html) and others as the incarnation of Mipham Rinpoche (http://www.mipham.com/)

His Eminence Namkha Drimed Rinpoche enthroned Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche as a holder of the Rinchen Terdzo in March of 2009 at the conclusion of the Rinchen Terdzo’s three months of empowerments and teachings, which were bestowed at His Eminence’s monastery in Orissa, India. (http://shambhalatimes.org/2011/05/19/an ... of-wisdom/)

It's wonderful if there are many emanations/incarnations.
caveman

Post by caveman »

Interesting Ashocka but the Karmapa recognizing a Nyingma Master and turning him into a Karma Kagyu Tulku.

Who could they go to in the Nyingma with the courage to take back their Tulku.

I've heard that a small Canadian - Tibetan boy is a strong candidate for the reincarnation of Namgyal Rinpoche.

The story goes that they took this to H.H. Phakchok Rinpoche because of a close relationship between the Riwoche Temple in Toronto and Namgyal Rinpoche.

The Riwoche Temple is both Taklung Kagyu and Nyingma.

Phackchok Rinpoche thru his father Chokling Rinpoche told them they could not take their candidate to the Taklung Kagyu nor the Nyingma that he MUST be taken only to the Karmapa.

Only problem was which Karmapa since Namgyal Rinpoche had personally visited BOTH of the 17th Karmapa's and indicated that he had no preference.

What to do, What to do.
:rules: :rules: :rules:
Yontan

Post by Yontan »

What is this "take back their tulku" business?
Who owned Ju Mipham Rinpoche?
Ashocka

Post by Ashocka »

caveman wrote:Interesting Ashocka but the Karmapa recognizing a Nyingma Master and turning him into a Karma Kagyu Tulku.

Who could they go to in the Nyingma with the courage to take back their Tulku.

I've heard that a small Canadian - Tibetan boy is a strong candidate for the reincarnation of Namgyal Rinpoche.

The story goes that they took this to H.H. Phakchok Rinpoche because of a close relationship between the Riwoche Temple in Toronto and Namgyal Rinpoche.

The Riwoche Temple is both Taklung Kagyu and Nyingma.

Phackchok Rinpoche thru his father Chokling Rinpoche told them they could not take their candidate to the Taklung Kagyu nor the Nyingma that he MUST be taken only to the Karmapa.

Only problem was which Karmapa since Namgyal Rinpoche had personally visited BOTH of the 17th Karmapa's and indicated that he had no preference.

What to do, What to do.
:rules: :rules: :rules:
For me there is no problem here. If it's Mipham's tulku we are talking about then I don't see any problem with the Sakyong being recognized. If it's Namgyal Rinpoche's tulku we are talking about I would agree with you, as it was HH Karmapa who recognized him previously, it would preferably be HH Karmapa best to do it again.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Dear caveman,

What are you talking about? There are currently two recognised incarnations of Ju Mipham rinpoche:

1. The third incarnation, born in 1949, recognised by Tengye Rinpoche of Lab in 1959 and confirmed by Patrul Rinpoche and by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. He currently resides in Spain and is father of the 17th Karmapa Thaye Trinley Dorje and father of the 14th Sonam Tsemo Rinpoche. http://www.mipham-rinpoche.org/ThirdIncarnation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Ösel Rangdröl Mukpo, born 1962, the eldest son of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche recognized by HH Drubwang Padma Norbu Rinpocheand known as Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche. http://www.mipham.com/home.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both are still alive.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
philji

Post by philji »

Where does this feature in all this?
Shortly before he passed away, Mipham Rinpoche told his attendant Lama Ösel:

Nowadays, if you speak the truth, there is nobody to listen; if you speak lies everyone thinks it is true. I have never said this before: I am not an ordinary person; I am a bodhisattva who has taken rebirth through aspiration. The suffering experienced in this body is just the residue of karma; but from now on I will never again have to experience karmic obscuration. … Now, in this final age, the barbarians beyond the frontier are close to undermining the teaching. [So] there is no point whatsoever in my taking rebirth here…I have no reason to take birth in impure realms ever again.

Return to “Nyingma”