Namcho Medicine Buddha

Totoro

Namcho Medicine Buddha

Post by Totoro »

Hi

I am looking for the Namcho Medicine Buddha practice in English. Where can I get a copy please? Thanks.
MrDistracted

Re: Namcho Medicine Buddha

Post by MrDistracted »

Hi

Thrangu Rinpoche's 'Medicine Buddha Teachings' (Vajra Editions) contains a translation and commentary.

:smile:

edit...I think it's published by Snow Lion now....
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

http://www.namobuddhapub.com/Medicine_B ... p000mb.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Totoro wrote:Hi

I am looking for the Namcho Medicine Buddha practice in English. Where can I get a copy please? Thanks.
I believe HE Ogyen Rinpoche gave Namcho Medicine Buddha a couple of years ago in Alexandria (although it might have been from another cycle - I don't have my notes handy). As long as you have the empowerment, you can get the sadhana here (although you might have to email him).

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

Here you find it around page 60 or something http://www.shenpen-osel.org/issue9.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

The sadhana itself, in Tibetan with English phonetics and translation, can be had at KDK Bookstore...... check http://www.kdk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and look for the bookstore contact info....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Totoro

Post by Totoro »

Thank you everyone! I have the sadhana in Tibetan and only wanted the English translation. I am happy to say the one I have corresponds to Thrangu Rinpoche's teaching. So thanks for all your help. :thumbsup:

Return to “Nyingma”