The Karmapa Prophecies by Sylvia Wong

Karma Dorje

The Karmapa Prophecies by Sylvia Wong

Postby Karma Dorje » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 am

Quick question: Has anyone read this voluminous tome yet? Any short review you can make of it?

I notice Sylvia Wong lives in Toronto. Is she one of Karma Thinley Rinpoche's students?
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

dzogchungpa

Re: The Karmapa Prophecies by Sylvia Wong

Postby dzogchungpa » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 am

I haven't read it yet, but I just noticed this today:

Through Dzogchen we can really understand what God is and we don’t have to worry if there is a God or not. God always exists as our real nature, the base, for everybody. - Chögyal Namkhai Norbu

Knotty Veneer

Postby Knotty Veneer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm

“Trump’s grand and vulgar self-absorption is inviting all of us to examine our own selfishness. His ignorance calls us to attend to our own blind spots. The fears that he stokes and the isolation he promotes goad us to be braver, more generous.” - James S. Gordon.

Karma Dorje

Postby Karma Dorje » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm

"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

Knotty Veneer

Postby Knotty Veneer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm

“Trump’s grand and vulgar self-absorption is inviting all of us to examine our own selfishness. His ignorance calls us to attend to our own blind spots. The fears that he stokes and the isolation he promotes goad us to be braver, more generous.” - James S. Gordon.

Karma Dorje

Postby Karma Dorje » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 pm

-Padmasambhava

DGA
Former staff member

Postby DGA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:00 am

I'm closing this topic in the interest of foreclosing on potential conflict. If anyone has a good reason to reopen it, please PM me and I'll consider it.

Thank you for your consideration. Karmapa Khyenno!

Return to “Kagyu”