Prayer request:Removal of Obstacles for HH Karmapa UTD

JKhedrup

Prayer request:Removal of Obstacles for HH Karmapa UTD

Post by JKhedrup »

Dear Dharma Friends,

As many of you know, I had the good fortune to participate in a small KTD audience with our Wish-Fulfilling Jewel, the Gyalwang Karmapa during the Kagyu Monlam in Bodhgaya this past December. Over the years, there has been great concern regarding the Karmapa’s ability to travel in order to perform his Dharma activites as the supreme holder of the lineage. During our audience with the Gyalwang Karmapa, I asked him what we could do to help remove the obstacles to his buddha activity. He immediately replied, saying that the Seven-Line Prayer to Guru Rinpoche should be recited.

I began reciting the Seven-Line Prayer myself and asked some students at the Albany KTC recite the prayer as well. After consulting with Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche about how best to proceed, I am sending this request on to other Dharma students with shared karma and aspirations. As we are all followers of the peerless holder of the Black Crown, the Buddha Karmapa, I ask you to join me in accumulating many repetitions of the the Seven-Line Prayer. It would be excellent if we could recite a hundred thousand prayers. As this is the most renowned prayer to Guru Rinpoche as well as one of the shortest, most of you will know it by heart or will at least have it in among your prayers for personal practice. For that reason, I thought it unecessary to include a copy of it here. Please send weekly or monthly totals of the prayer to Mary Ann Duncan, [email protected] assistant director of Albany KTC. It is fine to pass this prayer request along to other receptive Kagyu practitioners as appropriate.

Every single repetition of the Seven-Line Prayer is dedicated to the long life and unhindered buddha activity of our Yizhin Norbu, the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje. Specifically, we pray that he may travel throughout the world without impediment, especially to his monastic seats of Rumtek in Sikkim and Karma Triyana Dharmachakra (KTD) in Woodstock, New York. May he reside at ease at these seats for as for as long as he may wish, without the slightest difficulty. As Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche himself prayed:

The embodiment of the compassion of all buddhas is Karmapa

The unified activity of all buddhas is Karmapa

The one empowered as the regent of all buddhas is Karmapa

Ogyen Drodul Trinley, may your life be long!

Yours in Dharma,
Lama Zopa

http://ktdblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/01 ... ne-prayer/
justsit

Re: Prayer request:Removal of Obstacles for HH Karmapa UTD

Post by justsit »

Thanks for posting this!

Hung
In the northwest of the land of Uddiyana
On a blooming lotus flower
You have attained supreme wondrous siddhi
You are renowned as Padmakara
Surrounded by your retinue of many dakinis
We practice following your example
Please approach and grant your blessing
GURU PADMA SIDDHI HUNG

More about the Guru Rinpoche prayer here.

Naturally arising Dharmakaya,
Unchanging and ever-present, Karmapa
You are endowed with the form kayas' magical illusions.
May your three secret vajras remain stable in the realms
And your infinite spontaneous activity blaze in glory.

Karmapa Khyenno!
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Return to “Kagyu”