Red Chenrezig - NOT Gyalwa Gyatso

Stewart

Re: Red Chenrezig - NOT Gyalwa Gyatso

Post by Stewart »

I know several people who were there.... I go to Samye Ling on Friday for a few days, I'll ask them...circumstances permitting... It's a very sad time here.
s.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Just for the record, I've discussed it with several Lamas, all have indicated that it was indeed Chogling Tersar's Khorwa Dongdruk.
And it makes sense, because that is what the Karma Kagyupas practice.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

The first terma of this special diety was from Guru Chokwang. The mantra and appearance of diety has almost no difference.
It's a very powerful diety to purify all negativities, even one drop of the vase water from this practice and clean up many obstructions; if correctly recite 300000 of long mantra, yourself will become a blessful object which benefits everyone who contact you.
Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:
Karma Jinpa wrote:There is another red form of Chenrezig known as Khorwa Dongtruk (sometimes written "Korwa Tongtrug"). He is usually depicted with two arms, and is standing. It was the empowerment of this form that HH the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa gave to 20,000 disciples who congregated at Tsurphu a day or two after he was enthroned and his hair was cut at the Jokhang in front of the Jowo Rinpoche.

Does anyone have detailed information on this manifestation of Avalokita?

Thus far I've been able to ascertain that it was Thangtong Gyalpo who gave the wang, lung, and tri of Guru Chöwang's terma to the 6th Karmapa, Thongwa Dönden. Apparently this occurred only after some of the monks at the Great Encampment had attempted to stone Thangtong to death and failed, upon which he was ushered into the Karmapa's personal tent.
:jawdrop:
Could be Korwa Dongtruk from Chokling Tersar or some other treasure lineage. ChNNR give this teachings from both Adzom Drukpa and Chokling Tersar.

/magnus
When did Rinpoche give it from Chokling Tersar?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Pero wrote:
heart wrote: Could be Korwa Dongtruk from Chokling Tersar or some other treasure lineage. ChNNR give this teachings from both Adzom Drukpa and Chokling Tersar.

/magnus
I have an old photocopy of a ChNNR booklet someone gave me maybe 15 -20 years ago that is based on Korwa Dongtruk from Chokling Tersar.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:
Pero wrote:
heart wrote: Could be Korwa Dongtruk from Chokling Tersar or some other treasure lineage. ChNNR give this teachings from both Adzom Drukpa and Chokling Tersar.

/magnus
I have an old photocopy of a ChNNR booklet someone gave me maybe 15 -20 years ago that is based on Korwa Dongtruk from Chokling Tersar.

/magnus
Ah cool.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
dechend

Post by dechend »

Hi,
I'm looking for the Khorwa Dongtruk Texts from a Terma revealed by Guru Chöwang. In english, but especially in tibetan. Does anyone know where to find these? Or the name of the terma/text they're contained in?
Thanks
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

dechend,

TBRC is going to be your best friend in cases where you specifically want the Tibetan of certain texts. I highly recommend you get an account there if you don't already have one. Not sure how much of Guru Chöwang's works have been translated into English, if any.

This is the entry for the "Collected terma revelations of Guru Choewang": http://www.tbrc.org/#!rid=W1PD45090

And there are 99 results for texts regarding Khorwa Dongdruk: http://www.tbrc.org/#library_BannerSear ... ong+sprugs"

However, searching for both terms yields 0 results, so it's possible that the "Collected terma" is somewhat incomplete, and the only terma on that deity in their database is the one from the Chokling Tersar... Does anyone have better luck than I did in finding it (perhaps someone whose grasp of Tibetan goes beyond the syllabic)?

In any case, happy hunting!

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Kagyu”