Help with schedule of Karmapa OTD @ Varanasi

JKhedrup

Help with schedule of Karmapa OTD @ Varanasi

Post by JKhedrup »

Dear all,

HH Karmapa is one of my teachers and I have not been able to receive any teachings from him for several years. I am going to India this coming Tuesday and after a brief trip to Sera to help Geshe la get some paperwork done and pay respects to my teachers, I will be free during the Losar period.

My friend told me that HHK is teaching in Varansi/Sarnath during this period, but I would like to know for how long to make sure that if I go to the expense of travel the teachings won't be over yet. I have looked on the internet and frankly can see no solid schedule, which makes things difficult.

Any solid information would be greatly appreciated!
JKhedrup

Re: Help with schedule of Karmapa OTD @ Varanasi

Post by JKhedrup »

Really? No one knows?

Fortunately HH Karmapa will be giving a Guru Rinpoche initiation tomorrow at the Tibetan settlement in Delhi where I am staying, so hopefully I can ask around there. At least I will be able to receive some teachings and an empowerment from him at least once this trip!
practitioner

Post by practitioner »

According to HH Karmapa's website his spring teaching will be March 4-6 at Vajra Vidhya Institute in Sarnath.
One should do nothing other than benefit sentient beings either directly or indirectly - Shantideva
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

Thanks. Attended the initiation (it was actually an Amitayus Tsewang) with HH Karmapa in the Tibetan enclave in Delhi this morning. It was really nice, also to see him interact in particular with the Tibetans and give them advice for their unique situation.
Since I was able to take teachings with him at least once this trip I am happy, even if Varanasi proves difficult to organize.

Return to “Kagyu”