Zabmo Nangdon to be published by Shambhala

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Zabmo Nangdon to be published by Shambhala

Postby aussiebloke » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:34 am

What of the hardship of the Kagyu ( and by implication, all other) forefathers and foremothers who suffered so much to bring the Dharma to Tibet? They didn't begrudge a few dollars , or a lot of gold, in search of the oral instructions of the tantras. Don't forget their hardships - it is because of them that we can have access to the texts today.
aussiebloke

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
Norwegian wrote:I think people are mostly referring to their Guhyagarbha trilogy, which costs $340 total.

BTW, not only do you need to have received the empowerment to buy or read these books, you must also have received the reading transmission, which apparently takes 3 days:
http://www.berotsana.org/GG-tantra
:thumbsup: I like the way they think!
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby heart » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:
Norwegian wrote:I think people are mostly referring to their Guhyagarbha trilogy, which costs $340 total.

BTW, not only do you need to have received the empowerment to buy or read these books, you must also have received the reading transmission, which apparently takes 3 days:
http://www.berotsana.org/GG-tantra
:thumbsup: I like the way they think!

From their site:

"Comments - Restricted Items and Quantities
If your items are restricted, please provide the following information:

(1) date of empowerment/wang,
(2) name of lama giving empowerment,
(3) date of oral transmission/lung,
(4) name of lama giving transmission, and/or
(5) name of qualified lama giving you permission to read or listen to the book, transcript, and/or CD without the above items (1)-(4)."

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Norwegian » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:18 pm

heart,

This is Berotsana's general requirements, but some of their items have more specific requirements. In the case of their Guhyagarbha series, you must have the empowerment of Shitro, you must have the empowerment of Guhyagarbha, and you must have the transmission of the Guhyagarbha root tantra, and you must have the transmission of the commentary texts, and the permission of a qualified lama. Not any "or" to be found.

Also, writing about an upcoming Guhyagarbha event, Berotsana has this to say: "Those who attend (their Guhyagarbha empowerment with root tantra and commentary text transmissions) will receive the empowerment of the One-Hundred Peaceful and Wrathful Deities, or zhitro wang, and the reading transmissions. Both are required to practice and study the Guhyagarbha Tantra and several associated commentaries"
Norwegian

Postby heart » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Norwegian wrote:heart,

This is Berotsana's general requirements, but some of their items have more specific requirements. In the case of their Guhyagarbha series, you must have the empowerment of Shitro, you must have the empowerment of Guhyagarbha, and you must have the transmission of the Guhyagarbha root tantra, and you must have the transmission of the commentary texts, and the permission of a qualified lama. Not any "or" to be found.

Also, writing about an upcoming Guhyagarbha event, Berotsana has this to say: "Those who attend (their Guhyagarbha empowerment with root tantra and commentary text transmissions) will receive the empowerment of the One-Hundred Peaceful and Wrathful Deities, or zhitro wang, and the reading transmissions. Both are required to practice and study the Guhyagarbha Tantra and several associated commentaries"

I bought one of those books with only empowerment and my Guru's permission, something I clearly said while ordering it.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Norwegian » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Well, I'm just typing out what their homepage said. :)
Norwegian

Postby heart » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:55 am

Norwegian wrote:Well, I'm just typing out what their homepage said. :)

Also Mipham's commentary on the Guhyagharba (Luminous Essence) is available without any restrictions.

/magnus
- Longchenpa
heart

Previous

Return to Kagyu