Naga Smoke Offering

Palzang Jangchub

Naga Smoke Offering

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Hello all,

Due to some recent developments here in Namo Buddha I'm looking for a Tibetan/English translation of the naga puja, (a.k.a. Lu Sang) --- the sadhana used when making smoke offerings to the nagas on lu teb (klu thebs) days. I understand that many Karma Kagyupas simply use the Riwo Sangchod, but I'm looking for a Sang practice directed specifically for the Nagas. Lama Yonten of Thrangu Tashi Yangtse gonpa has kindly allowed me to copy a very short text from Karma Chagme Raga Asya, but it's all in Tibetan. The title is either zhi ba dkar po'i bsangs bsdus pa bzhugs so or rang nyid sbyan ras gzigs sku mdog dkar po bsgom... If you know of an English translation for this specifically, I'd be most grateful.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
~ Jinpa

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Palzang Jangchub

Re: Naga Smoke Offering

If anyone also knows a lama in Nepal who holds the transmission for one of the Lu Sang practices in Karma/Neydo Kagyu lineage(s) --- preferably in either the Namo Buddha or Boudhanath areas --- I would also love to about them. Feel free to PM me with contact info.

:thanks:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

ratna

Post by ratna »

Do you have a scan of the text? There is something like that on TBRC, but it is not legible in places.
Palzang Jangchub

Ratna,

I have a photocopy of 4 very small pages of text, which includes opening/closing prayers and the 1 page Lu Sang composed by Karma Chagme Raga Asya.

My Tibetan teacher is having me use a dictionary to try and figure out the basic meaning so that I can muddle thru the practice, but really I'd prefer to have a professional translation soon. Do you know of any for this particular sadhana (the title of which was given earlier)?

Feel free to PM me the link to the TBRC text.

Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

I have one from Dudjom Lingpa with inserts from other masters if that helps. If you are interested, pm me your email and I will scan and send ti to you.
aussiebloke

Post by aussiebloke »

If you contact Sangtrul Rinpoche at Neydo monastery in Pharping he would be able to help you , I'm sure
Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

Sangtrul Rinpoche of Benchen Monastery has one. He does it as in insert to Riwo Sangchö

http://www.benchen.org.pl/en/nauczyciel ... u-rinpocze" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bspa168

Post by bspa168 »

hi,
please email me the naga smoke offering prayer to [email protected]

thanks a lot for your help

Best Regards,

Allan
karmadrakpayeshe

Post by karmadrakpayeshe »

Not familiar at all with this, but I know someone who might be. His nickname is Naga Chris because when he first came to Nepal he was doing a PH.D. On the Nagas in general. Now he hangs around Boudhanath with White Gonpa people and spends a lot of time in his adopted Villaige in Helambu. I can try to get you his email if you want to talk to him. I assume he knows much of what is available about Nagas as he is in with the Kyaning crowd there and has been for years a Tibetan Buddhist
PadmaDorje

Post by PadmaDorje »

Tsultrim T. wrote:I have one from Dudjom Lingpa with inserts from other masters if that helps. If you are interested, pm me your email and I will scan and send ti to you.
Tsultrim T.,

I've been trying to contact you, first with an ID that stopped working and wouldn't send e-mails :shrug: ... and now with this new ID that won't allow me to PM you, seems I'm too a n00b to PM first.

I have two small texts from Dudjom Lingpa's sungbum on naga offerings (klu gtor bdud rtsi'i rgya mtsho, and khros ma'i sgrub skor klu gtor bdud rtsi'i rgya mtsho, which is from T'hröma Nakmo cycle). I got very interested in your text with inserts from other masters. Would you be so kind as to send it to me too? My e-mail ID is [email protected]
One must think like a hero to behave like a merely decent human being – May Sarton

Return to “Kagyu”