Looking for a teacher in China

joehaz21

Looking for a teacher in China

Post by joehaz21 »

Hello everyone I'm living in Chengdu China and am looking for a teacher in the Kagyu or Gelug schools. I have had a hard time finding a teacher here mostly because I don't speak Tibetan or Chinese . I really want to start practicing under the guidance of a teacher and go for refuge . If any one knows of any temples or or centers in Chengdu or Sichuan province I would be very thankful . Also I am looking for someone how can speak some English and I know that's going to be hard. And if it is not possible for me to find a teacher here in Sichuan right next to Tibet then I would like to look for a teacher in India if you have any suggestions? thanks everyone
Sherlock

Re: Looking for a teacher in China

Post by Sherlock »

If you don't speak Chinese or Tibetan it's going to be very difficult because most Tibetan lamas in the PRC don't know any English at all. You can try going to Wuhouci (the Tibetan area) to ask around.
joehaz21

Post by joehaz21 »

Thanks but I have been to the Tibetan area many times still never met anyone who can speak English there. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction . thanks everyone
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

There are some places in Golok where the Lamas have studied abroad.
vajraheart

Post by vajraheart »

I'm not certain about Tibet or China. But there are qualified (*english speaking or w/translator available) teachers in India. When will you be in India and for how long?
joehaz21

Post by joehaz21 »

I would plan on going to India March next year and will be staying for a month - two months . Please if you know any English speaking Lama/guru that would accept me as a student I would be appreciative . I would like to study the Kagyu sect so if you know anyone please tell me they're names. I would like to look them up online and mybe send them an email . thanks again .
vajraheart

Post by vajraheart »

I'll send you a private message on here

Return to “Kagyu”