Question about Pakmodrupa

Loren

Question about Pakmodrupa

Post by Loren »

Pakmodrupa Dorje Gyelpo
He was in the habit of keeping in seclusion during the waning phase of the moon, but during the waxing phase he would give teachings every afternoon.
Does anyone know the reasoning behind keeping to seclusion during the waning phase? Astrological?
Thank You and Ok!

aka Lorem
Gert

Re: Question about Pakmodrupa

Post by Gert »

IT could have been connected to his practices. During waxing moon it is good to do pacifying and enriching and waning moon magnetizing or wrathful. Also during that waning time it might be better to keep lower profile.
Loren

Re: Question about Pakmodrupa

Post by Loren »

Gert wrote:IT could have been connected to his practices. During waxing moon it is good to do pacifying and enriching and waning moon magnetizing or wrathful. Also during that waning time it might be better to keep lower profile.
I was wondering if he inherited this from a specific sutra, tantra, or teacher or if it was astrological. I thought the waxing and waning were reversed but I'll have to study it more.

Thanks.

EDIT

Feel this is a good way to balance practice. Spend part of the phase of the moon working on yourself etc, then the other volunteering, helping others, etc.
Thank You and Ok!

aka Lorem

Return to “Kagyu”