16th Karmapa Miracle Stories

kirtu
Former staff member

16th Karmapa Miracle Stories

Post by kirtu »

A Few Accounts about the Wondrous Activities of His Holiness the XVIth Gyalwa Karmapa, Rangjung Rigpe Dorje by Zhanag Dzogpa Tenzin Namgyal

Miracle stories by an attendant of the 16th Karmapa.
Until 1981 I was the personal secretary of His Holiness the XVIth Gyalwa Karmapa. For the last thirty years of my life, I was next to the Karmapa most of the time and wrote down almost every word that he said, teaching that he gave, and letter that he wrote, including the recognition letters of the various tulkus. I have wanted to write an official biography of the Gyalwa Karmapa and to speak about another side of the Karmapa, which I will do now.

The subject of my talk is about the activities of the Buddha Karmapa, the ocean of unlimited activities of the Karmapa’s three secrets of body, speech, and mind. It is something really indescribable. No one would really be ale to describe it, but the Karmapa appeared in this world as a human being, and I had the good fortune of being his attendant for thirty years. So, what I will describe is what I witnessed. In fact, it is impossible to convey everything, so all I can do is share the main things I experienced with you by presenting a brief account.
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Kagyu”