Khamyigma text

Grigoris
Former staff member

Khamyigma text

Post by Grigoris »

Does anybody have a copy of the supplication to Hanuman, written by Tai Situpa, from the Khamyigma text?

Thanks!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Re: Khamyigma text

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

I Googled "supplication to Hanuman, written by Tai Situpa, from the Khamyigma text" and got zero hits. "Khamigma text" alone also got zero hits. Must be pretty obscure.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

You'll only get it at Sherab Ling Greg...as Tai Situpa wrote it for Hanuman, as a local deity in Himachal Pradesh. Its honestly like two lines or so long. Just a torma and a short line of praise.

Kayigma are the protector prayers in the Kamtsang tradition, based round Mahakala Bernachen and his entourage...to put it simply.
s.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Kayigma are the protector prayers in the Kamtsang tradition, based round Mahakala Bernachen and his entourage...to put it simply.
Thanks.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Stewart wrote:You'll only get it at Sherab Ling Greg...as Tai Situpa wrote it for Hanuman, as a local deity in Himachal Pradesh. Its honestly like two lines or so long. Just a torma and a short line of praise.
I want to add him to my daily practice. He is considered protector of Muay Thai practitioners so...

I sent a letter to Sherab Ling, but I have to admit I am not holding my breath.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Hi Greg,

You may have more success seeking out a text from the Hindu tradition. I am surprised that there isn't something already within Muay Thai if Hanuman is associated with it.

The Sherab Ling text is specific to where Sherab Ling is situated. Also a lung would probably be required.

Best wishes,

S.
s.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Stewart wrote:Hi Greg,

You may have more success seeking out a text from the Hindu tradition. I am surprised that there isn't something already within Muay Thai if Hanuman is associated with it.

The Sherab Ling text is specific to where Sherab Ling is situated. Also a lung would probably be required.

Best wishes,

S.
I do use/do a Hindu text/practice. Hanuman is a Hindu deity anyway so...

Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Sherab Dorje wrote:I do use/do a Hindu text/practice. Hanuman is a Hindu deity anyway so...
Not sure if you'd like to continue offline, but I'm really interested in this. I know the Ram Muay that is done before bouts invokes Rama and Hanuman with enacting of some of their exploits. The only prayers I've been given to recite (as like paritta) are pretty much the Theravadan Buddha Remembrance (buddhanussati) chants. I know a ton of folks with Sak Yant protection tattoos with accompanying parittas. One girl I know has a tattoo of Rahu & makes offerings (the same Rahu from the Candima Sutta who threatens the Sun & Moon Gods). I've also heard Phra Isuan (Shiva) gets a lot of focus.

Return to “Kagyu”