Drukpa Order or Drukpa Kagyu

crazy-man

Drukpa Order or Drukpa Kagyu

Post by crazy-man »

Can someone tell me the difference between the Drukpa Order and Drukpa Kagyu school? and who is the head of these schools, the Gyalwang Drukpa or Je Khenpo Rinpoche or anyone else?
what about Todrug (sTod-‘brug), Maydrug (sMad-‘brug) and Bardrug (Bar-‘brug)? What is the difference?
MiphamFan

Re: Drukpa Order or Drukpa Kagyu

Post by MiphamFan »

The Drugpa head is angry at some Karma Kagyupas in Tibet who took over Drugpa monasteries so he changed the name.
etinin

Post by etinin »

MiphamFan wrote:The Drugpa head is angry at some Karma Kagyupas in Tibet who took over Drugpa monasteries so he changed the name.
That did not happen and the Drukpa have no head. Despite the Gyalwang Drukpa trying to force himself as the head of all Drukpa, they are actually split into three sub-schools, with each one having its own head.
Most Drukpa Kagyu continue to have an amicable relationship with the Karma Kagyu, and a group of monks recently performed a long-life cerimony for the Karmapa (O.T).

The real problem for the Gyalwang Drukpa is that he had an issue and did not recognize a certain tulku recognized by the 16th Karmapa. So, he took advantage of the split in the Karma Kagyu lineage and he never recognized either Karmapa. That's the reason why he never went to the current Karmapa to find out what happened.

About the name issue: the Drukpa lineage extends all the way back to Marpa, so it's clearly a Kagyu school.

About the so-said take-over: the images of the Karmapa were put in two monasteries who had no high-ranking lamas by a Drikung Kagyu Tulku who was asked by the monks to teach there. He just happened to have been taught by the Karmapa and developed a strong devotion for him. Those who know about the situation in Tibet will surely be aware that there are many monasteries there who have no resident masters and there is no such thing as sectarianism there. The monks will just want teachers.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Lama Dramas. :crazy: :crying:
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

Thanks for the story.

I have no horse in this race, I am not even a Kagyupa, but I remember some post a few months ago about this.

Return to “Kagyu”