Kurukulle

namoh

Kurukulle

Post by namoh »

does anyone know anything about the tradition of Kurukulle that comes through Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo? ie it's origins, is it from terma or from an earlier Sakya source?
Much thanks.
heart

Re: Kurukulle

Post by heart »

namoh wrote:does anyone know anything about the tradition of Kurukulle that comes through Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo? ie it's origins, is it from terma or from an earlier Sakya source?
Much thanks.
I think there are several. But I did receive a Kurukulle or Lotus dakini that was a terma by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
namoh

Post by namoh »

Interesting, and thank you. Is it connected in any way to Chokgyur Lingpa's Padma Dakini/Kurukulle? Pardon an ignorant question.
heart

Post by heart »

namoh wrote:Interesting, and thank you. Is it connected in any way to Chokgyur Lingpa's Padma Dakini/Kurukulle? Pardon an ignorant question.
Not in any obvious way except that the deity is exactly the same. Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo has written a lot of sadhana's and commentaries to the Chokling Tersar so he might have written something about the Lotus Dakini also.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

It's been a while since I've read this so I don't know if it helps to answer your question directly, but it's a very good teaching:

http://vajranatha.com/teaching/Kurukulla.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
namoh

Post by namoh »

Thanks both. I just find myself woefully ignorant of Khyentse Wangpo's termas.
heart

Post by heart »

namoh wrote:Thanks both. I just find myself woefully ignorant of Khyentse Wangpo's termas.
http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/Jamy ... tse_Wangpo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Sakya”