Impure Vision

Konchog1

Impure Vision

Post by Konchog1 »

So I'm reading Lama Choedak Yuthok's excellent Lamdre: Dawn of Enlightenment for the first time. I'm a bit confused about "everything is mind". What about dependent origination? How do the two concepts interact with each other?

For example, there is a person A. I love person A, but person B hates A. What is mind and what is dependent origination?

Thank you.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
anjali
Former staff member

Re: Impure Vision

Post by anjali »

Konchog1 wrote:So I'm reading Lama Choedak Yuthok's excellent Lamdre: Dawn of Enlightenment for the first time. I'm a bit confused about "everything is mind". What about dependent origination? How do the two concepts interact with each other?

For example, there is a person A. I love person A, but person B hates A. What is mind and what is dependent origination?

Thank you.
On the relative level, the ordinary, conditioned mind is dualistically projecting all appearances--everything encountered is mind. The flow of dualistic appearances is governed by casuality (when this arises, that arises; when this ceases, that ceases) and is based on the 12 links.

Return to “Sakya”