Vajrayogini.com

Tsewang

Vajrayogini.com

Post by Tsewang »

Hi

Does anyone know if this site is still active? I'm trying to register but have got no response. Thanks. Is this the best place to find out about upcoming VY initiations?
Konchog1

Re: Vajrayogini.com

Post by Konchog1 »

I think the whole web ring is dead
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

I tried applying for one of the sister sites a month ago and still haven't heard anything back. Also tried contacting one of the dharma centers in my city which seems to be run by the same admin and also no response. Looks like the last update was sometime in 2011. So probably not the best site to check for upcoming initiations.

I think your best bet is to check the events section on this site and/or trawl through google and see which teachers have given the initiation in the past (try "vajrayogini initiation 2012/2011 etc" and that should hopefully limit your results to event postings) and determine if you think it would be a good idea to take such a teacher on as a guru. If so, try googling to find that teacher's website or their main center's website and check the upcoming teaching schedules. You might also try searching for Heruka initiations as well since they are sometimes both given at the same time. If you do find something please post it since I am also on the lookout :twothumbsup:
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

http://www.garchen.net/schedule.html#Winter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Lobsang Damchoi

Post by Lobsang Damchoi »

After one or two unsuccessful tries, I was able to post responses on this site 6-8 weeks ago. Soon after, the current moderator/administrator posted an apology, and admitted that the site was still a "work in progress."

I recently posted a request for a practice text on yamantaka.com and a very kind person responded by sending me the text in a matter of days!! (Thanks, M.)

3-4 months ago the moderator of the Chakrasamvara site (David) posted a very informative answer to a question I had on Six-Session Guru Yoga.

I think one can still use the sites to communicate with other practitioners, but the download functions (one of the most useful aspects) seem to be disabled or "on the fritz." Hopefully this is temporary. All three sites were created & administered by Wolfgang Saumweber of blessed memory. With his passing, there is an understandable period of adjustment and transition. I would urge all interested folks to support the sites monetarily, to the extent they are able.

LD
Lobsang Damchoi

Return to “Gelug”