Chittamani Tara lineage gurus?

JasonJ

Chittamani Tara lineage gurus?

Post by JasonJ »

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone happens to know who the prominent Gelug lamas are who grant this empowerment and give teachings/commentary. I had the good fortune of getting a letter from Lama Zopa Rinpoche a while back recommending Chittamani Tara as my main yidam, but I have not had much success finding out which teachers' travel schedules I should be mashing the refresh button on :)
Somerset

Re: Chittamani Tara lineage gurus?

Post by Somerset »

Choden Rinpoche is a prominent lama who gives this initiation as is Gelek Rinpoche. Both are active in the US. Lama Zopa himself gives this initiation, I think it's a case of watch this space! Perhaps the current Jangtse Choje Lobsang Tenzin Rinpoche will grant it. Good luck in your quest.
JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Thank you for the response, very helpful! I have heard a lot of good things about all those teachers. I suppose I will keep my eyes peeled and try to remain patient! :popcorn:
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Choden Rinpoche gives it frequenty, both the outer and inner aspects.
They have different commitments. The retreat is sometimes offered in San Jose, CA.

I do not know about when and at what levels Gelek Rinpoche offers it, only that he does.
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

Khensur Lobsang Tsephel Rinpoche also offers the initiation, though I am not sure about the details. He is in fact leading his students in the approximation retreat at Gaden after HHDL's Jangchup Lamrim teachings this year, but due to his health, will not be offering the initiation beforehand.

Return to “Gelug”