Gelug Padmasambhava Practices

Karinos

Re: Gelug Padmasambhava Practices

Post by Karinos »

Thubten Gyatso 2014 wrote:
Karinos wrote:V Dalai Lama was terton himself. One of termas revealed by him was "Clouds of Offerings to Delight the Lotus-born" which is practice of 8 forms of Padmasambhava.
Text was translated by Padmakara group (link below) and empowerments were given on few occasions also by HH Dalai Lama
You may ask your Lama if he has transmition.

http://www.padmakara.com/livrets-anglai ... 15470.html
Thanks so much! I've ordered this and am very grateful for the reference. :smile:

You are most welcome :namaste:

This translated text is short sadhana (not full mandala visualisation) but it's wonderful nevertheless :heart:
Thubten Gyatso 2014

Post by Thubten Gyatso 2014 »

Karinos wrote:
Thubten Gyatso 2014 wrote:
Karinos wrote:V Dalai Lama was terton himself. One of termas revealed by him was "Clouds of Offerings to Delight the Lotus-born" which is practice of 8 forms of Padmasambhava.
Text was translated by Padmakara group (link below) and empowerments were given on few occasions also by HH Dalai Lama
You may ask your Lama if he has transmition.

http://www.padmakara.com/livrets-anglai ... 15470.html
Thanks so much! I've ordered this and am very grateful for the reference. :smile:

You are most welcome :namaste:

This translated text is short sadhana (not full mandala visualisation) but it's wonderful nevertheless :heart:
Just received the text, and darn, it requires empowerment. Maybe someday!
Thubten Gyatso 2014

Post by Thubten Gyatso 2014 »

Thubten Gyatso 2014 wrote:Just received the text, and darn, it requires empowerment. Maybe someday!
Of course, it's my error for not reading you carefully, because you did mention empowerment. :oops:
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

if you are connected with any FPMT center you may ask local Geshe la whenever he has transmition or not, and request empowerment privately. No need to wait for public empowerment.
diamind

Post by diamind »

[quote="

I've read that the second Dalai Lama said that Tsongkhapa was an emanation of Padmasambhava, so I won't get hung up any further about which manifestation of the enlightened mind most inspires and strengthens my devotion.

:[/quote]

Lama Tsongkhapa is said to be an emanation of Lama Ashita and Ashita was none other than Guru Rinpoche.
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

diamind wrote:Lama Tsongkhapa is said to be an emanation of Lama Ashita and Ashita was none other than Guru Rinpoche.
I might be missing something here but Atisha lived 982-1054 and Padmasambhava lived in the 8th century, some 200 years prior to Atisha. Are uou meaning Atisha is a emanation of Padmasambhava?
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
diamind

Post by diamind »

Lobsang Chojor wrote:
diamind wrote:Lama Tsongkhapa is said to be an emanation of Lama Ashita and Ashita was none other than Guru Rinpoche.
I might be missing something here but Atisha lived 982-1054 and Padmasambhava lived in the 8th century, some 200 years prior to Atisha. Are uou meaning Atisha is a emanation of Padmasambhava?
yes sorry
Guardian/Galaxy

Post by Guardian/Galaxy »

Hello y'all! There is a Padmasambhava Guru Yoga in the Gelug tradition. It came from a vision by Tagpu Dorje Chang. Padmasambhava is an enlightened being, so there is no contradiction! Anyway, cheers!
tobes

Post by tobes »

I like this thread.

Just to affirm previous posts: a Gelug lama advised me once to see Tsong Khapa as an emanation of Guru Rinpoche.

It's very important to go beyond the very unfortunate political schisms that have shaped Tibetan Buddhism in so many ways: this has nothing to do with the Dharma.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

tobes wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:49 am I like this thread.

Just to affirm previous posts: a Gelug lama advised me once to see Tsong Khapa as an emanation of Guru Rinpoche.

It's very important to go beyond the very unfortunate political schisms that have shaped Tibetan Buddhism in so many ways: this has nothing to do with the Dharma.
I agree. I learned a Padmasambhava practice, a prayer, from a Rinpoche, who holds three traditions. Gelug, Nyingma and third I forgot. In my view, there is not the faintest reason to fight intertraditionally.

Mod-note: the beginning of this thread is three years old already.

Return to “Gelug”