Chakrasamvara text needed

Lobsang Damchoi

Chakrasamvara text needed

Post by Lobsang Damchoi »

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a reliable, clean copy of the intermediate Heruka Body Mandala sadhana by Trijang Rinpoche in English? And preferably not purchased from a dharma book publisher. My own copy (obtained free from a Website) is basically ok but has some omissions, typos, editing glitches, etc.
I've had the Body Mandala empowerment. (I will cross-post this to Tantra Talk.")
Thanks much,

L.D.
Lobsang Damchoi
Fortyeightvows

Re: Chakrasamvara text needed

Post by Fortyeightvows »

I don't have what your looking for but I'm curious as why you prefer one "not purchased from a dharma book publisher" ?
Lobsang Damchoi

Hmmm -- I'd rather avoid potential copyright "issues" & dont want to deny income to a Dharma publisher. So I thought I'd save folks the trouble of responding with: "You can get this from the .... publishing house."
Also (in the interests of full disclosure) I'm trying to avoid the idiosyncracies of certain publishers -- idiosyncracies that have nothing to do with dharma-content, btw.

You asked! :)
Lobsang Damchoi
Loren

Post by Loren »

Maybe we need to get Chakrasamvara Buddhist Tantric Practice Support back online? Fundraising? The site currently does not have downloads available. Offering the pdf files of the sadhanas is a nice gesture and there are links to the books to purchase to help support the translators and the dharma publishers.

Noticed that your website address was 84000 | Translating the Words of the Buddha. :twothumbsup: om namo majushriye / namo sushriye / namo uttama shriye soha
Thank You and Ok!

aka Lorem
Loren

Post by Loren »

Ah, I see you already asked there. Didn't know that Ven David was running the site (he was my sister's teacher). Hard shoes to fill. I don't have body mandala empowerment but maybe you could try Ananda, FPMT, Dechen Ling Press, etc.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybe some others who know more can point you in the right direction.
Thank You and Ok!

aka Lorem
Lobsang Damchoi

Hi Loren,

Thanks for the Ananda suggestion -- haven't tried them. Not too familiar w/ that publisher, but did try others including FPMT and Thubten Chodron's Sravasti Abbey.

Also, as I mentioned here in "Tantra Talk," I'm trying to avoid any NKT and Dechen Ling translations of this sadhana. My reasons are mostly just personal preference...at any rate, it's no reflection on the quality of their translations.

It's a pity about the Chakrasamvara site; I obtained some great resources & advice there. However, their pdf file of the medium Body Mandala sadhana had several serious flaws--which is why I'm asking around. I figure there's got to be a clean copy out there somewhere! :coffee:
Lobsang Damchoi
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Hmm FPMT only seems to have Phabongkha's long one.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

one would think it would be the same one....

Return to “Gelug”