Needing Advice

Aspiring.Monk

Needing Advice

Post by Aspiring.Monk »

Hello All,

I am an American that aspires to be ordained in the Tibetan tradition and to spend my life and future lives benefiting all sentient beings. I know that some of you are thinking that I can do this without becoming a monk and you would be right. My response would be that I have thought of ordaining for several years and have come to the realization in the past year that ordination is where my life has been leading for some time now.

I am posting today to ask for advice on a qualified teacher to take refuge with and that can guide me to ordination. I have researched several teachers and have found that they are not quite right for me either due to controversial issues they are in the middle of or because I seek a traditional Tibetan monastic education and they did not quite provide that.

Any names that you put forward will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Lobsang Chojor

Re: Needing Advice

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Welcome, I'm also planning on becoming a monk :D

I've sent you a pm and I will be more detailed when I'm on my PC tomorrow morning.

Hopefully we can help each other through this

:namaste:
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

You should visit city of ten thousand Buddha's..and also talk to fpmt.
Aspiring.Monk

Post by Aspiring.Monk »

Thank you both for the replies. I have started looking into FPMT and I like what I have found. Lama Zopa appears to be a great teacher and scholar.

Return to “Gelug”