Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 12950
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Grigoris » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Minobu wrote:as for Kundalini and tummo energy if you don't see as i do the relationship , well ......
Have you ever considered that what you are seeing is just a figment of your imagination? What you want to see instead of what is actually there?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 12950
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Grigoris » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Sound familiar? ;)

logic.png
logic.png (97.87 KiB) Viewed 223 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Minobu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Minobu wrote:as for Kundalini and tummo energy if you don't see as i do the relationship , well ......
Have you ever considered that what you are seeing is just a figment of your imagination? What you want to see instead of what is actually there?

you have decided that i know nothing.
oki doki.
good talk Griborus.
We are living in an Orwellian 1984 Nightmare

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Minobu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Last chance for romance.

If you wish to actually talk about it i will.
can you show me where i said something wrong as asked before.
instead of this antagonistic approach to discussion.
if you are going to knock me at least point it out
it starts to really show that maybe you can't..

Sits on edge of sandbox and empties the sand out of my shoes
We are living in an Orwellian 1984 Nightmare

User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 12950
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Grigoris » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Minobu wrote:you have decided that i know nothing.
I said nothing of the sort.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

User avatar
Queequeg
Global Moderator
Posts: 2729
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Queequeg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:17 pm

amusing as this back and forth is, please give it a break.
“Once you have given up the ghost, everything follows with dead certainty, even in the midst of chaos.”
-Henry Miller

DharmaChakra
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby DharmaChakra » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Namaste,

I will just add one thing to a comment that said that nagas are responsible for cancers and disease. This is such a mundane understanding. In Bhagavat Purana Prariksit Maharaja was bitten by Taxila Naga, it was a curse of a Brahmin, on the outside it was seen as though he was cursed to die within seven days, and Avadhuta Sukadeva taught Him Bhagavta Dharma, that snake bite from Taxila was a naga to open his consciousness in a higher realm to receive very high teachings. What appears for mundane scholars is only external symptoms, the disease, what appears from inside is higher teachings. All shastra has double meaning.....

I have never read a new age book, in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma.

With Metta

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Minobu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:26 pm

DharmaChakra wrote:Namaste,

I will just add one thing to a comment that said that nagas are responsible for cancers and disease. This is such a mundane understanding. In Bhagavat Purana Prariksit Maharaja was bitten by Taxila Naga, it was a curse of a Brahmin, on the outside it was seen as though he was cursed to die within seven days, and Avadhuta Sukadeva taught Him Bhagavta Dharma, that snake bite from Taxila was a naga to open his consciousness in a higher realm to receive very high teachings. What appears for mundane scholars is only external symptoms, the disease, what appears from inside is higher teachings. All shastra has double meaning.....

I have never read a new age book, in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma.

With Metta


all is good my friend...and you don't come off like you got your teachings from a new age book..Far from it...or that you are in it for ulterior reasons.
you are genuine.

you opened up a door for me.
cheers mate
d
We are living in an Orwellian 1984 Nightmare

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Minobu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 pm

One of my things I try to stick to and sometimes miss my point and become my own enemy of is "All teachings of love and compassion , all philosophies and religions of such and all Dharmas appear in this saha world due to the Turning of the Dharma Wheel by The Buddha .
And I believe He does this with His Sambhogakaya Body in one of His Pure Lands He manifested to benefit sentient beings.

Lately i missed this point and fell off the middle road and into fanatic ville in Minobu land .

Nichiren Shonin was subject to a time that is completely foreign to me and the time I live in.

We have access to all of Buddhism and I appreciate this site for it allows me to grow, the real Muse is not this thread but the whole of the site and it's people.

Thank you all for allowing me to indulge myself .
We are living in an Orwellian 1984 Nightmare

User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 12950
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Grigoris » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:59 pm

DharmaChakra wrote:...in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma.
??? :shrug: ???
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Minobu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Grigoris wrote:
DharmaChakra wrote:...in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma.
??? :shrug: ???

I am not speaking for DharmaChakra just saying what I thought he was telling us.

if you take the whole sentence into account:

DharmaChakra wrote:Namaste,



I have never read a new age book, in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma.

With Metta


He says he never read a new age book and he has a hard time with modern books that teach modern forms and takes about Dharma .

Makes sense to me.

now if you just take this
in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma

on it's own ,it could mean he does not know how to read

i like the guy. He is very welcome in my threads with his non adversarial contributions .
We are living in an Orwellian 1984 Nightmare

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21761
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Malcolm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm

DharmaChakra wrote:Namaste,

I will just add one thing to a comment that said that nagas are responsible for cancers and disease. This is such a mundane understanding. In Bhagavat Purana Prariksit Maharaja was bitten by Taxila Naga, it was a curse of a Brahmin, on the outside it was seen as though he was cursed to die within seven days, and Avadhuta Sukadeva taught Him Bhagavta Dharma, that snake bite from Taxila was a naga to open his consciousness in a higher realm to receive very high teachings. What appears for mundane scholars is only external symptoms, the disease, what appears from inside is higher teachings. All shastra has double meaning.....


The Bhagavat Purana has nothing to do with Buddhadharma, at all, being a Vaishnava text.

This is a site for discussing Buddhadharma alone.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 12950
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Grigoris » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Minobu wrote:
Grigoris wrote:
DharmaChakra wrote:...in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma.
??? :shrug: ???

I am not speaking for DharmaChakra just saying what I thought he was telling us.

if you take the whole sentence into account:

DharmaChakra wrote:Namaste,



I have never read a new age book, in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma.

With Metta


He says he never read a new age book and he has a hard time with modern books that teach modern forms and takes about Dharma .

Makes sense to me.

now if you just take this
in fact I dont know how to read in modern language to understand Dharma

on it's own ,it could mean he does not know how to read

i like the guy. He is very welcome in my threads with his non adversarial contributions .
cf here.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Minobu's Muse: Lord Nagarjuna, The Lotus Sutra, The Gakki

Postby Minobu » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Malcolm wrote:
DharmaChakra wrote:Namaste,

I will just add one thing to a comment that said that nagas are responsible for cancers and disease. This is such a mundane understanding. In Bhagavat Purana Prariksit Maharaja was bitten by Taxila Naga, it was a curse of a Brahmin, on the outside it was seen as though he was cursed to die within seven days, and Avadhuta Sukadeva taught Him Bhagavta Dharma, that snake bite from Taxila was a naga to open his consciousness in a higher realm to receive very high teachings. What appears for mundane scholars is only external symptoms, the disease, what appears from inside is higher teachings. All shastra has double meaning.....


The Bhagavat Purana has nothing to do with Buddhadharma, at all, being a Vaishnava text.

This is a site for discussing Buddhadharma alone.




I'm not up on Bhagavat Purana but i am up on chakras and Kundalini and drops and six yogas of Naropa . They all have companions in one another in the sense of other religions , philosophies and paths etc.

The thing is for me to actually not shy from knowledge. We all bring our own to this table at the Dharma Wheel.

But it is important to be reminded that
This is a site for discussing Buddhadharma
and that
alone
is a very closed place to be in. unaccepting comes to mind.

fear as well..... I don't think we shy away from other topics and comparisons, after all you enjoyed the whole quantum thing and never asked for it to be quashed in any way for it was not
discussing Buddhadharma alone
We are living in an Orwellian 1984 Nightmare


Return to “Nichiren”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Minobu, Nyedrag Yeshe and 16 guests