Bardo of death may be a problem for becoming lucid

Suzy1974

Re: Bardo of death may be a problem for becoming lucid

Post by Suzy1974 »

DGA wrote:
Suzy1974 wrote:
The thread you mention is very old, and I would say fairly inaccurate. The temple in LA is very much real, and there are several in the UK too, all staffed by Abbots of the lineage.

http://www.dari-rulai-temple.org
Abbots of what lineage? The point is that there is no lineage.
That is quite an inflammatory comment, there is a lineage and many disciples. I quote the following from the Hanmibuddhism.com website:

Another disciple of Amoghavajra, Huisu, had received all the religious instruments and dharma transmission. He then became the Dharma Lineage Bearer of the Chinese school of Esoteric Buddhism. Since then, Hanmi has existed for over twelve centuries, even though generally unknown and considered vanquished.

The Hanmi lineage has been passed on through one master per generation. Master Yu Tian Jian is the highest and only living master of Hanmi, the Honorable Abbot of the 1000-year old LongQuan Temple in Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, a doctor of Chinese medicine, and acknowledged as a Living Buddha in China. Master Yu, from Chaoyang, Liaoning, at the age of 39, attained realization under the guidance of Grandmaster Huiling, the 48th Maha-Acharya of the Hanmi lineage. Master Yu passed from the physical realm on December 23, 2011 at 9:09 a.m. in Chaoyang City, China.

by Robert Waggoner - Copyright 2010
Suzy1974

Re: Bardo of death may be a problem for becoming lucid

Post by Suzy1974 »

I also reference the following lineage for Master Yu:

On August 15, 2008, the 105 year old Grand Master Fozhi, the Abbot of Yingtian Monastery in Chengdu, Sichuan province, passed on the Dharma Lineage Holder-ship of the Linji School of Chan/Zen Buddhism. Master Yu then became the 47th Dharma Lineage Holder of Linji Chan/Zen Buddhism.

Return to “Pure Land”