Pure Land Society

gingercatni

Pure Land Society

Post by gingercatni »

I think the internet is fantastic, as since coming to Buddhism I have been able to meet people all over the world who share my beliefs. So I created a google+ page if anyone is interested https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/106288541 ... 7006/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I was hoping others could meet up and chat on there, while not taking anything away from here of course!!

There is also a Guan Yin page too for anyone who wants to post some prayers there too.

Thanks,
gingercatni

Re: Pure Land Society

Post by gingercatni »

You guys are so shy! :tongue: On google+ we can all hang out together on the webcams and chat!! Post pics of what we doing in our Buddhist community, lets get together and extend our friendship to each other!!! :namaste:
chismith

Post by chismith »

Is this a Pureland Society that is tailored to Westerner? I am so glad to know that this form of Buddhism is reaching out to the West. since it is so 'different' from the Therevadian approach. This form of Buddhism gives you the insight of Buddha's wisdom PLUS the tremendous blessings that Amitabha Buddha bestowed on those who have affinity with Amitabha.

Wish westerners can open their arms to receive the of bliss of Pureland like so many Chinese and Japanese do!
gingercatni

Post by gingercatni »

chismith wrote:Is this a Pureland Society that is tailored to Westerner? I am so glad to know that this form of Buddhism is reaching out to the West. since it is so 'different' from the Therevadian approach. This form of Buddhism gives you the insight of Buddha's wisdom PLUS the tremendous blessings that Amitabha Buddha bestowed on those who have affinity with Amitabha.

Wish westerners can open their arms to receive the of bliss of Pureland like so many Chinese and Japanese do!
Hi! :smile:

Yes, our little group (may it grow!) is in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We are the only Pure Land group in the province of Ulster. Pure Land is in the UK but only present in England so far. We meet at a local hall and each others homes and currently we are making people aware of Pure Land and Buddhism in general, because being such a small country many people are rather unaware about Buddhism as Christianity dominates.

However, we don't want to limit our group to Northern Ireland, we thought it would be great to be in contact with others across the world, getting inspiration, meeting others and perhaps forming a network of lay groups. Its all rather exciting! We are hoping to put together a website but obviously people have jobs and are limited to the time they have to put it together, but I'll post an update on that in time. However, please feel free to join our google+ page, it's where we hope to meet others. Take care! :twothumbsup:
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

Please do keep us posted about your site and its future developments :)
gingercatni

Post by gingercatni »

steveb1 wrote:Please do keep us posted about your site and its future developments :)

will do! :namaste:
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

I am from Portugal, so you society maybe is the nearest one from me i supppose :)

Return to “Pure Land”