My sacred place for meditation

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Bodhi

My sacred place for meditation

Post by Bodhi »

So I posted a topic in Exploring Buddhism talking about my conflict and returning to Buddhism. I decided that I will just do it and get back to it except this time I will just do and practice whatever I feel right instead of associating to any schools, branches or tradition of buddhism. My focus is mainly on meditation. I really dont bother myself much with dogmas or much of what I consider more mystical aspect of Buddhism. So I keep it simple - Just live in awareness of what is here and now.

I decided to set up a meditation area in one of the room that is just empty. I turn it into my personal meditation hall. My partner usually join me in for a short 5 minutes meditation but when I am alone I meditate for about 30 minutes. I try to meditate everyday and it is really helping. I feel less anxiety and is a lot more calm already. I worry less too so I am planning to keep at it.

This is my little shrine that I just want to share. It is actually only 2 feet tall. The floor is wood so i have aat and a pillow right infront of it where I sit to meditate.

http://i.imgur.com/Sm2hUSt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QtGDZoL.jpg

Metta
Wherever you are, that is where the mind should be. Always be mindful, and be your own master. This is true freedom. - Grand Master Wei Chueh
Yudron

Re: My sacred place for meditation

Post by Yudron »

Lovely and elegant! Thank for sharing it.

And congrats on finding a connection with Buddha that works for you.
greentara

Post by greentara »

Thanks for sharing. It's a beautiful shrine, half hidden in shadow which gives it a wonderful sheen.
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

I love those small crystal lotuses. They also make beautiful light patterns when the sun is out.
Bodhi

Post by Bodhi »

Thank you for the comments and I am glad you all enjoyed it. it is my place of instant peace. It is where I retire to after a long day or get away from noise or people and return to mindfulness. It really feel like once I step into the room and smells the scented incense and lavender liquid potpourri it is as if I step into a different world. An instant recharge :meditate:

Metta
Wherever you are, that is where the mind should be. Always be mindful, and be your own master. This is true freedom. - Grand Master Wei Chueh

Return to “Media”