Out from under Majestic: Dan Burisch

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Aemilius

Re: Out from under Majestic: Dan Burisch

Post by Aemilius »

Information about the recent developments of Dan Burisch http://www.danburisch.info
I still think this stuff in some ways connects with buddhism like it or not.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Paul

Post by Paul »

I finally got to see Mirage Men the other day. it's very good and quite creepy in places, especially thanks to the soundtrack by Cyclobe. Linda Moulton Howe unfortunately came across as a nutty cult member. I have no fixed idea about Richard Doty - he seems to me to be someone who loves his country and is very, very good at his job. The exact scope of what his job is remains a real mystery.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2254010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:alien: :alien: :alien:
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
lorem

Post by lorem »

Mila

Anyone ever heard this or know if it is true? Is there a source? Made up?
The most exalted of beings met by Milarepa was a Maha-Purusha (Great Being) he had the excellent fortune of meeting - an Exalted Being mentioned by the Buddha himself as one of the guardians and protectors of the human race who live on through the centuries far from human habitation.
I should be meditating.
lorem

Post by lorem »

*bump*
I should be meditating.
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

lorem wrote:Image
Mila

Anyone ever heard this or know if it is true? Is there a source? Made up?
The most exalted of beings met by Milarepa was a Maha-Purusha (Great Being) he had the excellent fortune of meeting - an Exalted Being mentioned by the Buddha himself as one of the guardians and protectors of the human race who live on through the centuries far from human habitation.

It sounds somewhat confused or dubious, but the MahaPurusha itself exists in Buddhism. The 32 signs of a Great Man (i.e. Buddha or Chakravartin) are 32 signs of a Maha-Purusha!
Mahapurusha is found both in Sravakayana and Mahayana.
See http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physic ... the_Buddha
There is also a tradition and a sutra about the mental qualities of a Great Being or a Great Person. Dogen has written about them somewhere in the Shobogenzo.
svaha
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Aemilius wrote:
phpBB [video]
At about 1h 11min of the video Dan Burish talks about the Illuminati, which he says means the Enlightened Ones! Burish doesn't believe they are enlightened, but this information of the meaning of Illuminati is important for a previous discussion we had here in DhWh couple years ago. I.e. for the view that the doctrine and movement of enlightenment have existed in the countries around the Mediterranean for more than 2300 years. After the rise of certain theistic religions this movement went underground. It has since then existed as an undergound movement in Europe, with different branches and styles of teaching. During its development it has transformed itself many times and it has taken forms that are very different from the publicly existing Buddhism in Asia.
It was previously said that Lucifer personifies Enlightenment in the theistic propaganda of Europe. In this theistic propaganda the Enlightened Person is portrayed as an evil person or a devil. Lucifer means literally Bringer of Light. Such a word exists in the buddhist tradition too, Bringer of Light, Dipankara is a possible sanskrit equivalent.
It is significant that Dan Burish says that the ideology of the Illuminati if wholly Luciferian !!??
svaha

Return to “Media”