The Dalai Lama in the Netherlands, 2014

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

HHDL teaching in Rotterdam on 11 May, 2014. The introduction is in Dutch (< 20 seconds). There are Dutch subtitles and heading dividers but HHDL gave the teachings and the interview following the teaching in English.

The teaching begins with a recitation of the Heart Sutra in Japanese (I was impressed that HH followed in Japanese briefly). Then HH delivers a teaching on Mahayana introduction to Buddhism (he says "basic Buddhism as presented in the Nalanda tradition"). I haven't seen the interview but sampled it and know that it is also in English. Oh I forgot, the video will be preceded by a Dutch commercial.

HHDL in the Netherlands, 2014
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: The Dalai Lama in the Netherlands, 2014

Post by kirtu »

The link above is no longer available (although the audio starts on my machine)

However this one works correctly:

“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Media”