Vajrayana Forum

Yuren

Vajrayana Forum

Post by Yuren »

There is no "Vajrayana forum" or am I too stupid to find it?
Anyway, I asked a question here:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm curious about your perspective.
plwk

Re: Vajrayana Forum

Post by plwk »

No, you're not stupid. I have asked this question since the birth of this forum site to the Admin/Mods, firstly under my previous user name and now the present one, to create a Vajrayana Forum listing Tibetan Buddhism & Shingon. To date, my suggestion has fallen on deaf ears and one reason given to me was that they preferred Shingon to stay under 'East Asian Buddhism'....
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Vajrayana Forum

Post by DGA »

If you have a question about esoteric practice (mikkyo) in Shingon or Tendai, ask in one of those fora.

If you have a question about Vajrayana as practiced in Tibetan schools generally, or any one of them, ask there.

If you have a question about esoteric practice that transcends any of these, try the general Mahayana forum.

The site is organized by tradition and not practice. That's why there's not a pan-Vajrayana forum to include Japanese forms of esoteric practice and Tibetan ones. I'd like to see more discussion of Shingon-shu generally.

Return to “Shingon”