Chödpa Lama Rinpoche

Chödpa Lama Rinpoche

Postby Knotty Veneer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Anyone know anything about this teacher?

http://www.machigling.org/biography/
Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it - Mark Twain.
Knotty Veneer

Re: Chödpa Lama Rinpoche

Postby philji » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes. We hosted him on part of his UK visit last year. He gave Chod empowerment and also offered Divinations on a. Personal basis.he has great Devon to Chod and to his teachers which include his father Yogi Kalsang Rinpoche and Tenga Rinpoche.he stayed with us for a week and was a delight to have around...real down to earth but no nonsense allowed either with regarding to practice....
philji

Postby Ayu » Sun May 31, 2015 11:58 am

I moved the news about the earthquake to this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=19400#p280051
Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Upekha
*** May these efforts be helpful.
Djang chub sem chog rinpoche, ma kye pa nam kye gyur chig. Kye pa nyam pa me pa yang, gong nä gong du phel war sho._()_
Ayu
Global Moderator

Postby sleepyhead » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:15 am

There's alot of hype about Chod these days, and alot of masters or lamas or rinpoches popping up all over to teach Chod.
Unless you are Tibetan, you probably will not end up finding out the truth about these things.
As they say in bouddha, incees are dumb..they dont know anything (incees meaning foreigners)
As the lamas always say, dont jump into things without checking out the teachers. Many charlatans are like salesman , very good at peddling their stuff.

Now, his background is he's the son of a Rinpoche. He's married with 2 kids with his wife. They moved to Taiwan at first, and he was doing a cleaning job in Taiwan for a few years, but after failing to get his residency in Taiwan. He left for Canada.
He settled in Toronto and started a cleaning company there. His family is still there. Then he went back to India after awhile.
His sister married Ayang Rinpoche, and his brother has a gompa in South India.

When he supposedly started to teach Chod, he use Ayang Rinpoche's centers and gompas around the world.
Now what students should ask if they want to follow him... is Where is his gompa? Where are his Sangha?

A recognised Tulku having gone thru recognisation, enthronement...and the rest..normally has a gompa and sangha to take care of.
Observe, see and hear. Dont blindly follow anyone.
Im pretty sure if we are talking about a person in a modern society context. We would have our doubts becuz someone says he's a president of a Forbe 500 company. Why should we believe a person easily when Bill Clinton was found lying to the world? Why should we believe Lehmans Brothers when they cheated the whole world??
If we make an investment with our time and effort in this dharma practise, we dont want to end up wasting so much time and money by following someone fake.
A Rinpoche or lama of whatever lineage or gompa can be easily verify by asking.
Dont believe lamas becuz they took photos with so so Karmapa or etc etc. There are alot of groupies taking pictures with the favourite movie stars. It doesnt mean anything.

An example is Sakya lineage, if u go and enquire about a lama or Rinpoche from Sakya. You will get an answer right away.
sleepyhead

Postby philji » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks for the information on Chodpa Lama... You ask where is his gompas and where is his sangha? I am sure there are many chodpas without a Gompa or sangha.... He has certainly had a good background in Chod with his father being a great partitioner and he has a great love for Chod and also a very clear way of explaining the practice... Any more than that I cannot say...
philji

Postby sleepyhead » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:17 pm

philji wrote:Thanks for the information on Chodpa Lama... You ask where is his gompas and where is his sangha? I am sure there are many chodpas without a Gompa or sangha.... He has certainly had a good background in Chod with his father being a great partitioner and he has a great love for Chod and also a very clear way of explaining the practice... Any more than that I cannot say...

You have missed the point, Rinpoche, tulku meaning he comes with a gompa and sangha. It's not about being chodpa.
Lama Wangdu has a gompa and sangha, he bought over the Gelug Gompa in Bouddha.

Anyone being in a background in Tibetan buddhism like his, of cuz be able to regurgitate the stuff or narrate the words out like a parrot easily.
Before this goes into a flaming war, you can go and check him out easily by asking Ayang Rinpoche whom goes to Europe, USA or Russia often.
Or you can ask Karmapa himself, he's in USA now or in Bodhgya in Jan 2016.

Or the best person to ask would be Tenga Rinpoche's successor at Benchen gompa, Sangye Nyenpa. He will be in Europe this fall, 2015.
Just print out a photo , or show him the pic from the tablet. And ask them in the face.
Is this a real lama, or Rinpoche? Can i learn Chod from him? Is he authentic? The truth will hurt at first, but its best if its early and ppl dont waste any more time and money.
I have mention previously, Sakya lineage has it clearly who is a lama, tulku and rinpoche.. So does the rest of the lineages. Im not from Sakya.
The reason being why im mentioning is, there was a Chod trend in USA and Canada in 2007. There was a few Chod groups promoting Chod Lamas, and so it goes.. and it became really big in 2009 onwards...till now..And i got conned till i went to Boudha in 2011 and found out the truth.

There's really only Dudjom Tersar Troma chod, Machik's lineage with Kagyu and Nyingma, and the last which is Lama Wangdu which is supposedly from Tingri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Vd4hpqFmk

You could take a look at the Garab Dorje Rinpoche's Troma Chod puja held in Bodhgaya each jan. The next one is coming up in Jan 2016. Anyone is welcome to go and take a look.
sleepyhead

Postby philji » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Sleepyhead .... Please cool down. I am not receiving teachings from Chodpa Lama although did once attend some teachings in the past.,I am curious to know if you have met him or heard directly about him from these teachers you mention. It does seem that his father was a lineage holder and I think the name Rinpoche has been used and bandied around by his students...but I have never heard him say that he is a tulku. Perhaps the precious one tag is only for those who see him as their guru . But thanks for your energetic response.
philji

Postby sleepyhead » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:17 pm

philji wrote:Sleepyhead .... Please cool down. I am not receiving teachings from Chodpa Lama although did once attend some teachings in the past.,I am curious to know if you have met him or heard directly about him from these teachers you mention. It does seem that his father was a lineage holder and I think the name Rinpoche has been used and bandied around by his students...but I have never heard him say that he is a tulku. Perhaps the precious one tag is only for those who see him as their guru . But thanks for your energetic response.

Im not at all agitated. Its just a shame seeing many people at Bouddha following this fake khandro, this lama, that rinpoche. Im also not his student.

I have seen him in 2013, at the shop where he buys his chod drums to sell to his students in Canada and Europe. Then again this year in Bouddha, where he was walking around with his student. He stays in Sakya Tharlam guesthouse, and was there til slightly after the earthquake.

Rinpoche implies Tulku, and tulku implies Rinpoche. You cant be neither.

This same question pop up to me, in the flesh, as a female incee ask me abt this person. And she quoted all these 'evidence' with pictures etc etc, with Tenga rinpoche and Karmapa. I said if he's who he says he is, its easy to prove. I told her to go and ask Sangye Nyenpa, boudha is only 40 mins to benchen gompa.
She chickend out. Truth hurts and not alot of people are willing to face the truth.
sleepyhead

Postby philji » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Thankfully we do have good teachers to guide us.... Let us hope there are also good students.
philji

Postby Kunga » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:32 am

Let's be clear - the title Rinpoche does not mean someone is a tulku, which is why we have titles like Khen Rinpoche.

Actually, Rinpoche is a title given to your teacher, particularly one who has imparted liberating instructions.

One doesn't have to be a tulku to be a teacher; some tulkus, even real ones, are corrupt people and unfit teachers.

I know nothing about this Chodpa lama. However, if his father was a lineage holder it is likely he gave his son permission to teach, Tibetans operate like that.

PS: I am a Sakya monk, and I know several tulkus who do not have monasteries or sanghas. Not all reincarnations are 'high' Lamas. However, after a couple of visits to Taiwan or Singapore even the reincarnation of a monastery cook can become a 'His Holiness', as the red envelopes accumulate...
Kunga

Postby philji » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:39 am

Thank you Kunga for making clear what I was trying to say... :namaste:
philji

Postby Ayu » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:52 pm

I removed a post with personal attacking speech and the answer to that.
Claims have to be made within the limits of Right Speech. If anybody has a reason for this topic to be unlocked, just inform the team via PM.
:namaste:
Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Upekha
*** May these efforts be helpful.
Djang chub sem chog rinpoche, ma kye pa nam kye gyur chig. Kye pa nyam pa me pa yang, gong nä gong du phel war sho._()_
Ayu
Global Moderator

Return to Chod