Trungpa's chöd

Dharmaswede

Trungpa's chöd

Post by Dharmaswede »

Taken from: http://chronicleproject.com/stories_81.html

"Trungpa Rinpoche's treasure teachings also include a black Vajrayogini sadhana, a wrathful guru yoga practice, a series of chod practices, and much more. The translators continue to work on these texts, and Karseng Rinpoche plans to transmit these practices to us in the years to come."

Does anyone have any more information about Trungpa's chöd?

Jens
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Trungpa's chöd

Post by Adamantine »

Dharmaswede wrote:Taken from: http://chronicleproject.com/stories_81.html

"Trungpa Rinpoche's treasure teachings also include a black Vajrayogini sadhana, a wrathful guru yoga practice, a series of chod practices, and much more. The translators continue to work on these texts, and Karseng Rinpoche plans to transmit these practices to us in the years to come."

Does anyone have any more information about Trungpa's chöd?

Jens
I am interested also!
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

As abbot of the Surmang Dutsi-til monastery, Trungpa Rinpoche was one of the primary lineage holders of the Surmang Chod, the most widely used Chod system among the Kagyu. However, and to the best of my knowledge, CTR's personal practice was the Troma Nakmo Chod he'd learned while studying with his main teacher, Sechen Kongtrul.

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Silent Bob wrote:As abbot of the Surmang Dutsi-til monastery, Trungpa Rinpoche was one of the primary lineage holders of the Surmang Chod, the most widely used Chod system among the Kagyu. However, and to the best of my knowledge, CTR's personal practice was the Troma Nakmo Chod he'd learned while studying with his main teacher, Sechen Kongtrul.

Chris

This.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
philji

Post by philji »

Check out this website for more on the Surmang. Chod.
http://everydaychod.com
If you get in touch with Alta Brown she can instruct you further.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

but the OP provided a quote implicating that there is a chod practice cycle that he revealed as a terma. . . anyone know anything about that? even a true or false?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
IdleChater

Post by IdleChater »

Adamantine wrote:but the OP provided a quote implicating that there is a chod practice cycle that he revealed as a terma. . . anyone know anything about that? even a true or false?

The quote is from the late Robin Kornman. He was a student of CTR's and a respected translator and teacher. He died about 10 years ago.

I think it's safe to say Kornman believed what he was talking about in that quote.

Philji's recommendation to get in touch with Alta Brown is a good one. If there's anyone who can confirm or refute what Kornman is quoted as saying, it would be her. I believe they probably knew each other.
IdleChater

Post by IdleChater »

Afterward .....

I reached out to Alta Brown about the Trungpa Chod terma and the Kornman quote. Awaiting reply.

If I hear anything, I'll be sure to post it.
IdleChater

Post by IdleChater »

I heard back from Brown's secretary.

Alta is aware of the CTR terma chod practice but not familiar with it as the translation is incomplete.
DiamondSutra

Post by DiamondSutra »

Alta Brown is excellent! A real chod master.

Return to “Chod”