Poor student looking for approachable and serious Chöd teacher

Malcolm

Re: Poor student looking for approachable and serious Chöd teacher

Postby Malcolm » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:56 pm

BuddhaFollower wrote:
"Remind yourself of the defects of the pleasures of the senses, and avoid befriending ordinary people."[/i]

Reference: A Torch Lighting the Way to Freedom

Since one becomes a bodhisattva to help ordinary people, and since one must befriend them into order to help them, this instruction cannot be held to be definitive.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

philji

Postby philji » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Returning to the original question about Chod, here is a link with dates in Spain, France and Germany for Chod empowerment.
http://www.machigling.org/events/

Soma999

Postby Soma999 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Any citation can be "perverted", if you allow me the expression. What is a buddhist ? Some with the same religion ? With the same philosophy ? With the same ideal ? The definition of this name is vast. So many people say "you are not from my religion, go away !". Wow, now, that's certainly what's religion is all about.

Maybe one valuable goal is to make our spirit an ocean, not a bucket of water with 3 fish inside : you, our family, and some buddhist friend, all that bathing in the foggy water of conditional appreciation.

There is so much suffering when the spirit is so "tight". Really, by being so conditional, the one that suffer the must is "ourself".

Still, negative people, who put you down and profess negative things : let's go stealing, let's take drugs, or drain all your energy... maybe it's better to avoid. Maybe this is those persons that are targetted by the citation given.

Return to “Chod”