3 questions

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Dharmabrother

3 questions

Post by Dharmabrother »

Hi everyone

I'd like to know a way of achieving peace and enlightenment without a empowerment. is there a mantra, or sadhana, where it doesnt take a image or an altar, just a stick of incense, and can be done anywhere?

And for like dzambalah, he requires empowerment.. id like to know a sadhana without empowerment for business success. or like kubera.. or mantra. it would also entail overcoming obstacles in my path as well which will lead to enlightenment.

My last question includes like a Kundalini/vajayogini sadhana, or mantra that will open up the third eye, and see beyond, and open up communications to recieve the see the spirits and even if it opens and access a teacher where there is none around me.. well more less to open third eye completely at all times..

is there any help?

thank you very much :buddha1:
Seishin
Former staff member

Re: 3 questions

Post by Seishin »

Your questions seem to be about Tibetan Buddhism rather than Mahayana Buddhism in general, is that correct? Different schools will have a different answer, for example, Zen Buddhism will say that enlightenment is possible with meditation, no mantras or empowerments required.

Gassho,
Seishin.
Dharmabrother

Post by Dharmabrother »

yes it was more to tibetan..

i should moreless ask for a teacher.. maybe thats what im truly asking.. ill be post on this later today.

my apologies
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

No worries :smile:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

:smile:

Imho, from "tibetean point of view", the attempt to reach high levels without empowerment is like the attempt to enter a foreign landscape without a map or a guide. It's possible - but why should anybody make his path more difficult? Why not take the help that is offered?

Maybe the meditations invented by Tsultrim Allione could be something for you? She discribes it in her book "Feeding Your Demons". http://www.tricycle.com/-practice/feeding-your-demons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”