Kadampa Buddism

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Dema

Kadampa Buddism

Post by Dema »

I have been going to a Kadampa temple that's in the area. I really like it and and the people and the temple are very nice. but you really need to be a temple supporter to do anything there. or everything cost 5 bucks and for 3 months it like 110 bucks and i dont have that. So if anyone practices this schooling. maybe some books i can read that might help? i would like to get a bit more deeper in the the noble truths

thank you
Dema
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā-Green Tara
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Mama Ayuḥ Punya Jñānā Puṣtiṃ Kuru Svāhā-White Tara
Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi ye soha
Malcolm

Re: Kadampa Buddism

Post by Malcolm »

Dema wrote:I have been going to a Kadampa temple that's in the area. I really like it and and the people and the temple are very nice. but you really need to be a temple supporter to do anything there. or everything cost 5 bucks and for 3 months it like 110 bucks and i dont have that. So if anyone practices this schooling. maybe some books i can read that might help? i would like to get a bit more deeper in the the noble truths

thank you
Dema
You should check the TOS:
The discussion of or linking to material from groups and individuals that promote them, such as Geshe Kelsang Gyato's New Kadampa Tradition or Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's Kechara are not welcome and will be removed.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Kadampa Buddism

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Hi, Dema, and welcome to the forum.
As Malcolm said, we discourage talk about NKT. The Terms of Service are here - http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=12768.

You should look around your area for other Tibetan Buddhist groups. http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/his ... schvaj.htm introduces the four main schools (sects). NKT doesn't belong to any of them - look it up on wikipedia if you're curious. PM me or any of the other mods if you have any more questions about it. Meanwhile, I will lock the thread.

:namaste:
Kim

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”