Samskara

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
antiquebuddhas

Samskara

Post by antiquebuddhas »

Samskara can be specified as Fourth Skandha, Twelve links of Dependent Origination as well as Conditioned things.
I read this articles about Samskara, and it is quite beautiful.
So I wanted to share this beautiful articles
http://buddhism.about.com/od/whatisthes ... nkhara.htm
"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." Lord Buddha
Simon E.

Re: Samskara

Post by Simon E. »

Thanks for the link.. :namaste:

I feel I should point out that the quotation in your sig is not from the Buddha.
is a well known internet meme falsely attributed to the Buddha. The Buddha did not talk about ' happiness ' in that sense at all..and candles as such were unknown in India 2500 years ago.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
antiquebuddhas

Post by antiquebuddhas »

Really, I didn't know that, I thought that it was quoted by Lord Buddha himself.
"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." Lord Buddha
kdolma

Post by kdolma »

Simon E. wrote:Thanks for the link.. :namaste:

I feel I should point out that the quotation in your sig is not from the Buddha.
is a well known internet meme falsely attributed to the Buddha. The Buddha did not talk about ' happiness ' in that sense at all..and candles as such were unknown in India 2500 years ago.
Really Simon, are you sure candles were unknown in India 2500 years ago? I find that hard to believe...

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”