In Memoriam - HH Penam Rinpoche

Vajratantrika

In Memoriam - HH Penam Rinpoche

Post by Vajratantrika »

Today (March 10th, 2013) is the 5th anniversary of the parinirvana of His Holiness Penam Rinpoche (Ngagwang Pedma Namgyal Palzangpo). It was through this great lama that I first made a connection to the Buddhadharma. Today as I reflect upon Rinpoche’s parinirvana, I rejoice that he has arisen in this world, that he has taught the Dharma and that he has benefited countless beings. I light a candle in his honor symbolizing the flames of enlightenment which emanate from him even now, and I ardently pray for his swift return.

Here is an aspiration prayer written by HH the 14th Dalai Lama for the swift rebirth of Penam Rinpoche...

The Lord Buddha, solar source of the sublime doctrine, supreme savior of the world, exalted son of Suddhodana,
As well as Nagarjuna, Asanga, the Seventeen Sages of Nalanda, and so forth,
Are all embodied in Dolpopa, sublime master of the wisdom of emptiness and the heart of pure compassion,
We pray to him: please bestow, right now, the supreme accomplishment of virtue.

We pray humbly to Pema Namgyal, honored kinsman,
Holder of the doctrinal system of the omniscient Dolpopa,
Bestower of the sublime power of the treasury of knowledge and wisdom,
Of the exalted deity of speech (Manjushri) with the beautiful reddish yellow complexion.

You allowed the all-illuminating sun of your physical presence to dissolve,
Into the limitless expanse of ultimate reality, leaving behind your bereaved disciples,
Considering that, please allow the moon of a new rebirth to smile upon us,
So that the night blooming lotus (kumuda) of the Buddha's doctrine blooms once again.

May the unfailing exalted blessings and powers of the Three Jewels,
And the force of the unfailing principle of dependent arising,
Cause all of these prayers, aims and hopes, without exception,
To be accomplished in accordance with our wishes without obstacle or delay.

The leadership of the monastic assembly of Jonang Lungkya Monastery, together with all of its associated monks and laypersons, expressed the need for a special prayer for the quick return of Ngawang Pedma Namgyal, Preceptor of Jonang Lungkya Ngedon Mingur Ling Monastery. In accordance with their sincere requests, I have written these verses. May their aim now be fulfilled.
[Translated from the Tibetan by Ven. Lozang Jamspal, Ph.D. and Robert W. Clark, Ph.D., March 2011. From the Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso, a Shakya Buddhist monk and teacher of the Dharma, on the 24th day of the 3rd month of the Iron Tiger year of the 17th cycle, corresponding to the common date of May 7, 2010.]
May all sentient beings have happiness and its causes,
May all sentient beings be free of suffering and its causes,
May all sentient beings never be separated from bliss without suffering,
May all sentient beings be in equanimity, free of ignorance, attachment and aversion.
Son of Buddha

Re: In Memoriam - HH Penam Rinpoche

Post by Son of Buddha »

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Return to “Jonang”