Coincidences freaking me out

Help required with personal difficulties.
lorem

Re: Coincidences freaking me out

Post by lorem »

Do you mean like interdependence or autoprogramming? Sometimes I say prayer to guru and dharmapala and then just open book to page.

First time I bought myself Tibetan Buddhism books I bought Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand and Shambhala the Sacred Path of the Warrior. Knew zilch about the traditions. Ironic in some ways.

Just proof of interdependence and maybe? a lesson in Dharma.
I should be meditating.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Coincidences freaking me out

Post by Ayu »

Konchog1 wrote:Sorry for grave digging but I recently thought about this again.

Every once in a while, when reflecting on some teaching, I make jumps in understanding.

A few months ago, I was considering the necessity of Bodhichitta.
“No Buddha of the three times became a Buddha without developing bodhicitta. A Buddha not needing bodhicitta is something unheard of. Therefore, someone without any bodhicitta will not receive the Buddhahood they want; they haven’t a hope of achieving Buddhahood if they lack this. So you must take it seriously.”
-Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand pg. 575
Out of ignorant confusion, the reason arose. Great merit is needed to actualize Buddhahood. Bodhichitta supplies infinite merit 24/7. So it's the only way to gain enough merit for Enlightenment.

A week later, I read much the same time for the first time (in the Bodhisambhara).

I wonder if this way of finding answers is related to my coincidences...
In my point of view coincidences are the normal way of learning. They are like the filtrate of the selective perception. This means that my own perception provides the issues I have to learn or I am working on.

If you like to read more about Bodhicitta I recommend also Shantidevas "Bodhisattvacharyavatara":
http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/x/nav ... 05749.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Help Required”