The Prophesy of Ajitasena

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
Zhen Li

The Prophesy of Ajitasena

Post by Zhen Li »

Whatever benefit one may gleam from it, about a month ago I completed a rather rough translation of the Ajitasena Vyakarana. Here it is, I tried to polish it and make it look professional, but it should be advised that the translations of the Gathas are likely not professional quality.

More or less, the value would be in having an English version of the Sutra, however poor it may be. You can learn a lot from the sutra however, and as far as I can tell, it has many layers of meaning. The rest of what I could say is found in the introduction.

Enjoy :anjali:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/147777109/Aji ... E1%B9%87am
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Re: The Prophesy of Ajitasena

Post by Admin_PC »

Sweet!
Thanks, look forward to checking it out.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Just had a quick gander, EXCELLENT WORK Ben! :bow: Well done!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I am afraid I shall remove it to do some more editing. My skills as a translator are meagre at best.
Huifeng

Post by Huifeng »

Eagerly awaiting a more polished version.

~~ Huifeng
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

I'd like to make what I have translated available at least, since I do believe merit can be accumulated from these - otherwise one wouldn't be able to access them at all.

So, I shall from hence upload my translations on the link in my signature. But just be advised that they may not be perfect - everything can be criticised in this world, but I think that looking beyond that to the benefit you may accrue from reading these texts, even in a poor form, is worthwhile.

Sure, the old Sacred Books of the East translations were poor quality compared to today's, but someone was willing to take that first step and allow some people to arouse interest in the Dharma, or accumulate some merits from reading them, at a least a little bit. Edward Conze's translations may not be perfect when re-examined, but he did translate a massive amount, and was the only person willing to do so. Moreover, his texts, and I believe mine, are at least more than half correct, and can be used as some reference at least.

So, having thought it over, I shall make my translations available, regardless.
:anjali:

Return to “Language”