Heart Sutra and Phowa teachings 5-9.3 HH Chetsang R. webcast

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
KonchokZoepa

Heart Sutra and Phowa teachings 5-9.3 HH Chetsang R. webcast

Post by KonchokZoepa »

If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
KonchokZoepa

Re: Heart Sutra and Phowa teachings 5-9.3 HH Chetsang R. web

Post by KonchokZoepa »

now the registration is available online.
If the thought of demons

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

i enquired the exact timetable of the teachings and this is the answer i received

We are happy to tell you that we expect to keep these webcasts on our servers for at least 7 days* from the date on which they initially become available. In that way, people all over the world can watch these teachings by H.H. the Gyalwa Drikungpa at whatever time is most convenient for them.

*as mentioned on the Gompa trial website, the numbers of views of each webcast will be limited.

Thank you for your interest in Gompa!

With warm best wishes,

Namgyal Dorjee

Gompa - Tibetan Monastery Services
www.gompaservices.com

If the thought of demons

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

VajraLion

Post by VajraLion »

That is discouraging, right? lol
ཨོཾ Through blood, sweat and tears the solution appears: The pride needs defended by a Lion! ཨོཾ
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Are these going to be live webcasts or recordings?
VajraLion

Post by VajraLion »

According to the site they will be "trial" webcasts. From what I gather they will be broadcast live and then left available for 7 days after the teachings. So when you go to HH Sakya Trizin Site it says

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: WEBCAST OF TRANSMISSION & EMPOWERMENT: We are pleased to announce that His Holiness’s teachings on March 16th (see below) will be available as a webcast through our online services partner ‘Gompa – Tibetan Monastery Services’.

SCHEDULE: March 16, 2014, 9:00 am (Event will be online the same day and available for viewing at any time over the following week)
Sakya Center, 187 Rajpur Road, Dehradun
ORAL TRANSMISSION: PRAISES TO GURUS BY THE GREAT SACHEN KUNGA NYINGPO and EMPOWERMENT: AVALOKITESHAVARA-WHITE LOTUS ROSARY (CHENREYZIG PEKAR TRENGWA).

So when you go into the GOMPA site it makes you sign up for it says

Prior to the official launch of Gompa — Tibetan Monastery Services, scheduled for April 16th, 2014, we are pleased to announce a series of free, trial webcasts from the partner monasteries and nunneries at Dehradun. We expect to keep the trial webcasts on our servers for at least 7 days from the date on which they initially become available.

Trial webcast schedule:
•March 5th to 8th: His Holiness the Gyalwa Drikungpa's four day teachings on the Heart Sutra
•March 9th: His Holiness the Gyalwa Drikungpa's teachings on the Great Drikung Phowa (Transference of Consciousness)

•March 16th: His Holiness the Sakya Trizin. Oral Transmission: Praises to Gurus by the great Sachen Kunga Nyingpo and Avalokiteshvara Empowerment - The White Lotus Rosary
ཨོཾ Through blood, sweat and tears the solution appears: The pride needs defended by a Lion! ཨོཾ
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

So...I wonder if they are saying we can get an empowerment from a recorded webcast?....like Garchen Rinpoche says we can with his? This would be :woohoo:
VajraLion

Post by VajraLion »

Lhasa wrote:So...I wonder if they are saying we can get an empowerment from a recorded webcast?....like Garchen Rinpoche says we can with his?
Garchen Rinpoche is an enlightened being. He has achieved realization and thus I whole heartedly believe him when he says this. Also it makes logical sense, for it is the motivation which gives power to our practice, by the same token isn't it the motivation, receptivity and karmic connection which really give meaning to the empowerment? I simply see it as a skillful means for realized beings to disseminate the holy Dharma, one of the instances of technology benefiting our spiritual practice rather then distracting from it. But I think you need to be there for the live webcast to receive the transmission, as we are receiving blessings from a living lineage, if we could receive it from recordings then we should be able to receive empowerment from books as well, right?

"Regarding the importance of empowerment and not being able to come to the center to receive empowerments in person, H.E. Garchen Rinpoche says it is fine to receive the Amitabha and Shitro Empowerments by streaming and that ultimately it is important to understand that we are not given anything during an empowerment that we don’t already have. The purpose of an empowerment is to introduce us to the nature of mind, to our buddha nature. He said if you understand the meaning of empowerment, then you actually receive it. He said you can receive a hundred vases on your head (the lama places a vase atop your head when he bestows an empowerment in person) and be physically present at an empowerment, but if you don’t understand the meaning, then you don’t actually receive the empowerment."
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

VajraLion wrote:
Lhasa wrote:So...I wonder if they are saying we can get an empowerment from a recorded webcast?....like Garchen Rinpoche says we can with his?
Garchen Rinpoche is an enlightened being. He has achieved realization and thus I whole heartedly believe him when he says this. Also it makes logical sense, for it is the motivation which gives power to our practice, by the same token isn't it the motivation, receptivity and karmic connection which really give meaning to the empowerment? I simply see it as a skillful means for realized beings to disseminate the holy Dharma, one of the instances of technology benefiting our spiritual practice rather then distracting from it. But I think you need to be there for the live webcast to receive the transmission, as we are receiving blessings from a living lineage, if we could receive it from recordings then we should be able to receive empowerment from books as well, right?

"Regarding the importance of empowerment and not being able to come to the center to receive empowerments in person, H.E. Garchen Rinpoche says it is fine to receive the Amitabha and Shitro Empowerments by streaming and that ultimately it is important to understand that we are not given anything during an empowerment that we don’t already have. The purpose of an empowerment is to introduce us to the nature of mind, to our buddha nature. He said if you understand the meaning of empowerment, then you actually receive it. He said you can receive a hundred vases on your head (the lama places a vase atop your head when he bestows an empowerment in person) and be physically present at an empowerment, but if you don’t understand the meaning, then you don’t actually receive the empowerment."
As far as 'recorded' vs 'live' for transmission, I think it depends on the Lama's intent. Somewhere on this site we had a big discussion about this because Garchen Rinpoche had said last year that one could receive empowerments from his recorded teachings, because the transmission is beyond time and space. Many jaws dropped on the floor when he said that. :jawdrop:
And with that statement, then why couldn't we receive transmission from his books, if that is his intent? :reading: :D
Has anyone asked him about his books and transmission?
Here is part of the previous discussion.http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 76#p209076

It will be interesting to see what these other Teachers say about this.
VajraLion

Post by VajraLion »

VajraLion wrote: if we could receive it from recordings then we should be able to receive empowerment from books as well, right?
Lhasa wrote:And with that statement, then why couldn't we receive transmission from his books, if that is his intent?
Exactly.

But personally I have never received an empowerment via webcast and don't intend to in the near future. Not because I doubt the validity of the but because #1 I would greatly prefer to be there in person and #2 I have already been given enough Dharma to reach enlightenment, I have heard my guru warn against "collecting practices" on a couple of occasions.

I think this webcast and such is much more effective for the delivery of oral transmissions like Sakya Trizin's oral transmission of "Praises to the Gurus" by the Great Sachen Kunga Nyingpo and [hopefully] transmission of "The Great Drikung Phowa" on this upcoming webcast.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Anyone know what time these teachings are scheduled?
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

i asked, and the reply i got was that the webcast is numbered to a limited participants so you can view them a week from the real broadcast. so i asked and that was the answer i received. so even if you ask the Gompaservices you won't find out. maybe if you have time you can check if they are online already or streaming or just watch when you have time.
If the thought of demons

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

like this.
Hi, could you announce the exact time of the teachings and the timezone so i and others will know exactly when to tune in for the webcast.

and thank you so much for this service.
very precious,

thanks and best wishes,

We are happy to tell you that we expect to keep these webcasts on our servers for at least 7 days* from the date on which they initially become available. In that way, people all over the world can watch these teachings by H.H. the Gyalwa Drikungpa at whatever time is most convenient for them.

*as mentioned on the Gompa trial website, the numbers of views of each webcast will be limited.

Thank you for your interest in Gompa!

With warm best wishes,

Namgyal Dorjee

Gompa - Tibetan Monastery Services
http://www.gompaservices.com
If the thought of demons

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Sounds like a nice way to evade answering the questions...like maybe the views have already been given out and they don't want to say so.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

The teachings are now up on the Gompa website.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

I was wondering about something. Is Chetsang Rinpoche a monk or a lay person?
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

monk
If the thought of demons

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

Return to “Dharma Events”