Garchen R. Vajrakilaya Empwrmnt Nov schedule

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Lhasa

Garchen R. Vajrakilaya Empwrmnt Nov schedule

Post by Lhasa »

Deity picture is on Garchen Institute facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/garcheninstitute" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of this will be live-streamed on ustream.

Garchen Institute
9500 E Perkinsville Rd # CR-70, Chino Valley, Arizona 86323

H.E. Garchen Rinpoche, Ven. Drupon Rinchen Dorjee, Ven. Lama Thubten Nima, Ven. Lama Bunima, & Ven. Lama Abao

November 8 (9-5): What is Bodhicitta? Cultivating and Meditating on Relative Bodhicitta
November 9 (9-5): Cultivating and Meditating on Ultimate Bodhicitta
November 9 (1-2): Refuge vows will be given by Rinpoche
November 10 (9-5): Deity Yoga: A Method to Realize Relative and Ultimate Bodhicitta
November 11 (9-noon): Vajrakilaya Teachings
November 11 (2-5): Vajrakilaya Empowerment
November 12-16 (around the clock from 9 am 11/12 to 5 pm 11/16): Vajrakilaya Drubchen

As His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche has lovingly instructed: “If you receive empowerment, it’s about bodhicitta. If you receive teachings, it’s about bodhicitta. If you practice teachings, it’s about bodhicitta. Everything comes down to bodhicitta. The essence of practice is about bodhicitta. When you sit down to do your practice, what you practice is bodhicitta.”

“Bodhicitta” means awakened mind—the mind of the buddhas and our own true nature. Relative bodhicitta is about cultivating love and compassion, and ultimate bodhicitta is about the realization of the empty and aware nature of mind that pervades all. Both aspects are the key to letting go of self-grasping, and they lead to the cessation of all suffering. Rinpoche’s magnificent teachings on bodhicitta always inspire and quicken practice and should not be missed!

Vajrakilaya is a wrathful manifestation of Vajrasattva, the buddha of purification, and Vajrakilaya practice focuses on removing intense inner and outer obstacles. In today’s difficult times, anxieties about our personal life and world conditions can create disturbing thought-forms. With billions of people consumed by the same concerns, our shared thoughts create an interwoven web of great turmoil around the world. This can give rise to afflictive emotions, creating inner obstacles to spiritual practice and happiness, which, in turn, manifest as outer obstacles in life. Vajrakilaya practice is especially helpful and suitable during this time and is a perfect way to prepare for the New Year. Sincere participation in a drubchen is said to generate merit and potential realization equal to one year of retreat. Dedicating the practice to all sentient beings extends this benefit and enhances world peace and prosperity.

The Vajrakilaya empowerment and teachings are offered, but are not required to participate in the Vajrakilaya drubchen, and no prior experience in the practice is necessary. You may attend part or all of the nine days of events as your schedule permits. The empowerment may be attended separate from the rest of the events, and the tuition is $15. Tuition is $30 for the full day of teachings and for each day of the drubchen. Meals and lodging are additional. Preregistration is required, and to purchase meals ($5 for breakfast, $8 for lunch, $7 for dinner) your deposit must be received by 5 pm on November 1.

For more information or reservations, or to inquire about work-study opportunities, please call or email us.
Lhasa

Re: Garchen R. Vajrakilaya Empwrmnt Nov schedule

Post by Lhasa »

Update on streaming schedule

Hello Everyone,

We are happy to announce the following streaming schedule for the upcoming Bodhicitta Teachings and Vajrakilaya Empowerment and Drubchen. The Vajrakilaya teachings regretfully cannot be streamed, because they will not be given in the temple.

To join us via streaming go to the following web links (please note that the streaming window will be black until the streaming starts):

Bodhicitta Teachings (see times below):
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bodhicitta-teachings-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vajrakilaya Empowerment and Drubchen (see times below): http://www.ustream.tv/channel/vajrakila ... hings-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Streaming Schedule
We are the same as Mountain Standard Time. To check the time in Arizona, go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and look at the time for "Phoenix."

November 8-10 (9 am - noon; break from 10:30 - 11): Bodhicitta Teachings

November 8-10 (2-5 pm; break from 3:30 - 4): Bodhicitta Teachings

November 11 (2-5 pm; no scheduled break): Vajrakilaya Empowerment

November 12 (9 am - noon; no scheduled break): Vajrakilaya Drubchen, 1st session

Please note that in order to provide the streaming at no cost, it will periodically be interrupted by ads. You will not miss anything, as the streaming will resume where it left off before each ad is shown. If you would like to view the streaming without ads you can subscribe to Ustream at minimal cost by going to https://www.ustream.tv/premium-membership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and following the instructions there. You can cancel your membership at any time.

The streaming will not be moderated in order to keep maximum streaming bandwidth available. If a technical issue arises, it will be addressed as soon as possible, and it won't be necessary to message the center.

If you have questions about the practices or the texts, please send them to [email protected]. The Vajrakilaya practice text, "The Daily Practice of the Secret Attainment of the Unsurpassed Extremely Secret Vajrakilaya, called 'The Essence of the Play of Concerned Activity'," is available through the Garchen Institute webstore at the following link:

https://www.garchen.net/gbi-store/sadha ... ilaya.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

May all be auspicious!
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/vajrakila ... hings-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LIve teachings on the sadhana text right now.
lorem

Post by lorem »

Lhasa wrote:http://www.ustream.tv/channel/vajrakila ... hings-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LIve teachings on the sadhana text right now.
Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully ustream will be better. Last couple years no problems like this. EDIT It's all that rain. It's in the wrong place.
I should be meditating.
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Post by Reibeam »

Is the Stream working? its after 2 pm now.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I'm wondering the same thing. :shrug:

Edit: It's on. :twothumbsup:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Is the image available?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
qwerty13

Post by qwerty13 »

Was the vajrakilaya empowerment a jenang?
Is there a commitment to do the ganapuja?
Who should we turn to for refuge? We should seek refuge in the Buddha. He is the one we weep before
-H.H. 14th Dalai Lama
lorem

Post by lorem »

qwerty13 wrote:Was the vajrakilaya empowerment a jenang?
EDIT

I took another time and was no commitment but you should always do tsok I thought (way beneficial to all involved).

So the Co-Emergent Kalachakra was a great HYT.

Someone who knows the Tibetan terms can clarify which type of empowerment it was
I should be meditating.
lorem

Post by lorem »

bump
I should be meditating.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Drubchen has gone live, this is unscheduled. Right now.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

lorem wrote:
bump
Ask questions here:

[email protected]
qwerty13

Post by qwerty13 »

Ask questions here:
[email protected]

I asked them, and they said that practicing bodhichitta is enough to fullfill commitments. They could not say wether it was jenag or HYT.
But I think it was jenang, since Garchen did not specifically give a commitment to do tsog. And I am pretty sure that the tsog commitment would have been there, if this was full initiation. Its also said that those who attend great initiation must wear a red cloth around their arms or head, and no one had those in this initation.
But i think its still good to do the ganachakra.
Who should we turn to for refuge? We should seek refuge in the Buddha. He is the one we weep before
-H.H. 14th Dalai Lama
ratna

Post by ratna »

qwerty13 wrote:Ask questions here:
[email protected]

I asked them, and they said that practicing bodhichitta is enough to fullfill commitments. They could not say wether it was jenag or HYT.
But I think it was jenang, since Garchen did not specifically give a commitment to do tsog. And I am pretty sure that the tsog commitment would have been there, if this was full initiation. Its also said that those who attend great initiation must wear a red cloth around their arms or head, and no one had those in this initation.
But i think its still good to do the ganachakra.
It's not necessarily the case with Nyingma empowerments that if it's not a wangchen then it must be a jenang. I didn't attend but I'd wager it was a torwang.

R
qwerty13

Post by qwerty13 »

I just cheked the recording, and it was said at 51 mins that it is blessing empowerment. Recording: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/55295982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It says kinda like this at the end of prayer " For the purpose of attaining enlightenment, shall my stream of consciousness be ripened by the profound BLESSING EMPOWERMENT."
-H.H. 14th Dalai Lama
lorem

Post by lorem »

I heard back from them and said they would ask when got out if drupchen.

More importantly how to fix ustream. They said they are using free service but also they are on outer range of ISP. Said several 1,000 per broadcast (eeks) I mean we could fundraise but what to do about being outer range of ISPs. Satellite. But I don't know what they are using. Just sucked that it was so choppy this time.

EDIT Blessing empowerment works for me.
I should be meditating.
qwerty13

Post by qwerty13 »

lorem wrote:
Yeah, same here! I just wanted to be sure what kind of empowerment this was.
-H.H. 14th Dalai Lama
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

At a previous Kilaya Webcast, the practice itself was based on Ratna Lingpa's sadhana, which is called YangSang Purba, if I recall. But the empowerment Garchen Rinpoche bestowed was Chogling Sangtik Purba. This empowerment is fairly unelaborate, and is indeed based on a torma empowerment--or "Torwang." But the practice of Sangtik itself is classified as "Ati," so there's no need to think this is really "merely a Jenang," as you can't really equate the Nyingma systems of transmission with the Sarma methods.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

lorem wrote:I heard back from them and said they would ask when got out if drupchen.

More importantly how to fix ustream. They said they are using free service but also they are on outer range of ISP. Said several 1,000 per broadcast (eeks) I mean we could fundraise but what to do about being outer range of ISPs. Satellite. But I don't know what they are using. Just sucked that it was so choppy this time.

ustream works great if you view it through Firefox with an ad blocker tool. I participated in the last Kalachakra ceremony Garchen Rinpoche performed with no interruptions in real time that way.
lorem

Post by lorem »

I know this was the first time I've seen it like this. Yeah I was going to just do the 3.99 a month.
I should be meditating.

Return to “Dharma Events”