2016 Wu Tai Shan & E Mei Shan Pilgrimage

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
pemachophel

2016 Wu Tai Shan & E Mei Shan Pilgrimage

Post by pemachophel »

Here's the URL to our Wu Tai Shan and E Mei Shan pilgrimage this May. It's been updated and expanded. Please join us for this totally awesome event during next year's Saga Dawa. As Terton Trashi Gyaltshen of Kham has said, Wu Tai Shan is one of the absolutely most sacred places in this world and is actually a Buddha Field/Pure Land. If you come, who knows, perhaps you will meet Manushri and/or Vimalamitra. Over the centuries, many faithful and devoted practitioners have. We will especially be visiting all the sites associated with Tibetan Buddhism and its saints and sages, such as Thangtong Gyalpo, Padampa Sangay, and Khenpo Jigme Phuntshog. While at Wu Tai Shan and E Mei Shan, we will be staying in monastery guesthouses, and there will be the opportunity for both private and group practice. This pilgrimage is being run by Sacred Journeys, while our spiritual guide will be Khandro Kunzang, the Sangyum of Acharya Dawa Chodrak Rinpoche, Herself an enthroned incarnation of Migyur Paldron.

http://sacredjourneys.org/schedule/_wutai_schedule.html
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
pemachophel

Re: 2016 Wu Tai Shan & E Mei Shan Pilgrimage

Post by pemachophel »

Samantrabhadra and Manjushri are two of the eight Bodhisatvas. As such, Samantrabhadra (not to be confused with the Adi-Buddha Samantrabhadra) represents Enlightened activity, while Manjushri represents primordial wisdom. Thus together they represent skillful means and wisdom.

In May 2016, Khandro Kunzang Dechen Chodron will be leading a pilgrimage to Wu Tai Shan, the home of Manjushri, and E Mei Shan, the home of Bodhisatva Samantrabhadra. Therefore, you can say we will be doing pilgrimage to the homes of wisdom and skillful means in the Buddha Field of Shakyamuni. In fact, within Chinese Buddhism, Shakyamuni is often seen flanked by Manjushri and Samantrabhadra.
This pilgrimage will be administered by Sacred Journeys. For more information about this pilgrimage (itinerary, costs, registration, etc.), please see:

http://sacredjourneys.org/schedule/_wutai_schedule.html
Tenpa2010

Post by Tenpa2010 »

I have been those places. One can hardly get a spiritual inspiration there. As in majority of Buddhist pilgrimage places in China, the spirit of commerce overwhelms the spirituality. Especially, E Mei Shan serves as a good touristic Disneyland.
Anyway, it still worth of going there, to see it by own eyes and to get one’s own conclusion.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Hmm, thanks for your comments. However, I have heard exactly the opposite about Wu Tai Shan from friends who have been there and whose opinion I value highly as well as the opinion of Terton Tashi Gyaltshen. Bottom line, we all see what our karma predisposes us to see. Hopefully my karma will be positive and my vision pure.

Good luck & best wishes.
Tenpa2010

Post by Tenpa2010 »

if you have a pure vision, then your own place, where your abide, is a paradise.

let me express one more reflection: seeing the world through rose-colored glasses and having a pure vision, should be a different things.

Return to “Dharma Events”