All-accessible Sangha

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Cetaka

All-accessible Sangha

Post by Cetaka »

This is not an event per se, but the Buddha Center to which I belong hosts many events each day, including teachings/readings/lectures/meditations/discussions by lamas, teachers, priests, and upasakas. We are a multi-denominational virtual temple where adherents are able to interact with each other much better than over FaceTime, forums, etc. I am posting information about it here because it is very helpful and accessible to anyone who lives too far away from a temple to attend regularly, or even people who already belong to one but who would like additional or more convenient events to attend. We have an online schedule at http://www.thebuddhacenter.org/calendar/schedule-b-c/ , where you can also find more detailed information if desired. All of these events are hosted on the free computer application "Second Life", a virtual reality simulator that allows for more realistic and immersive interaction between adherents. I hope that this message benefits someone as much as it would have me, since it took me so long to come across the Buddha Center.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: All-accessible Sangha

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Moderator note:
This site looks like an online game so a few words about it might be useful.
"Second Life" is a virtual reality platform (world) in which people can do all sorts of different things from business presentations to games and, to the best of our knowledge, the "Buddha Center" is a serious "educational" project within it.
That makes Buddha Center no different in intention - and not much different in operation - from other online teachings.
That's all we know about it. Treat it with due caution, as you would treat anything else you come across online.

:namaste:
Kim

Return to “Dharma Events”