Dharma Talk by Khamtrul Rinpoche July 27-29

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
phantom59

Dharma Talk by Khamtrul Rinpoche July 27-29

Post by phantom59 »

Event : Dharma Talk by Khamtrul Rinpoche
Date: July 27-29
Venue: Poh Ern Shih,
Address : 9 Chwee Chian Road (Level 4 Room)
Map :
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_tra ... te_144238/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website : http://www.drukpa-sg.org/schedule/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Schedule :
July 27 Friday
7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Topics: (I) Oral Transmission for Medicine Buddha Practice for Good Health

July 28 Saturday
9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Small group class taught by H.E. Khamtrul Rinpoche
(Understanding Vajrayana Buddhism - the Guru Student relationship) fees: SGD$20 per student

3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Meditation teachings led by H.E.. Khamtrul Rinpoche
("Meditation is not about emptying the Mind").
To join email: [email protected]

July 29
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Buddhism and Science Seminar:
Talk and Discussion by panel including His Eminence Kyabje Khamtrul Rinpoche

3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Book Signing and Short Talk on Dharma book "Moon in the Mirror".
Email [email protected] for further enquiries

While in retreat in the Hemis Monastery, His Holiness, had an experience. In that vision-like and dream-like experience, someone dressed like an Indian sadhu approached His Holiness and said, "I am Khamtrul Rinpoche and I will take rebirth in your family." This particular vision appeared two or three times. Finally, in one of his visions, His Holiness saw Khamtrul Rinpoche, who appeared very poor, old and sick, saying "I have been looking for you but you kept neglecting me."

The same morning His Holiness received a letter from a lady requesting for a prayer for her sick baby. Then again His Holiness dreamt of the baby boy who was like a piece of a flesh, fragile and was near the edge of a cliff. His Holiness felt like looking after him but did not, and the baby looked as though he was dying.

One day later, His Holiness received a letter with the picture of a baby and in a letter baby's mother said that her son was going to die and requested His Holiness to pray for him. His Holiness thought all these were indications. He told his mother about it and she said that the baby's mother was one of their relatives; these indications came repeatedly three or four times.

His Holiness then told about it to his guru, the First Thuksey Rinpoche who confirmed the identity of the baby boy as the reincarnation of Khamtrul Rinpoche. Thuksey Rinpoche then wrote to His Holiness Dalai Lama who replied saying that he did three divinations and all of them confirmed that the baby boy was Khamtrul Rinpoche's reincarnation. His Holiness Gyalwang Drukpa named him Jigme Pema Nyinjadh.

Return to “Dharma Events”