Event : Eighteen Jangchup Lamrim Commentaries by His Holiness the Dalai Lamas
Date : November 30 – December 13
Venue : Gaden and Drepung Monasteries in exile, India
Website : http://www.jangchuplamrim.org/jangchup- ... mentaries/
In 2002 His Eminence Ling Rinpoche requested His Holiness the Dalai Lama to give teachings on the 8 Great Lamrim Treatises at the three great seats of learning in south India: Sera, Drepung, and Ganden Monasteries. In 2011, Gaden Shartse Monastery has also requested His Holiness to bestow Lamrim teachings. His Holiness has very kindly accepted these requests and in November 2012 His Holiness will begin his teachings on these 8 Great Lamrims, as well as 10 additional Jangchup Lamrim treatises.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama will arrive in Doeguling Tibetan Settlement, Mundgod, south India, on 29 November 2012. He will bestow the Jangchup Lamrim Teachings November 30 – December 13 2012, including approximately one week at Gaden Monastery followed by approximately one week at Drepung Monastery. In 2013 His Holiness will continue these teachings at Sera Monastery in Lugsung Samdupling Tibetan Settlement, Bylakuppe, south India (exact dates to be announced).
Gaden and Drepung Monasteries are part of a Tibetan refugee settlement area which is classified by the Government of India as a Restricted Area. Therefore all foreign visitors to these monasteries are required to have a Protected Area Permit (PAP). Indian citizens and Tibetan R.C. holders are not required to have a PAP to visit Mundgod unless they have a foreign passport. NOTE: During the time of His Holiness’ teachings, all foreigners must have a PAP even if their accommodation is in Mundgod town or Hubli.
http://www.jangchuplamrim.org/how-to-at ... ea-permit/
The following in the list of the individual texts and their authors that His Holiness has so kindly agreed to teach:
1) Lamp for the Path to Enlightenment by Jowo Je Atisha
2) The Great Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Je Tsong Khapa
3) The Medium Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Je Tsong Khapa
4) The Concise Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment also known as Song of the Stages of the Path by Je Tsong Khapa
5) The Essence of Refined Gold Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by His Holiness the Third Dalai Lama, Sonam Gyatso
6) The Easy Path Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Panchen Lobsang Chokyi Gyaltsen
7) The Sacred Words of Manjushri Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by His Holiness the Fifth Dalai Lama, Lobsang Gyatso
8) The Swift Path Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Panchen Lobsang Yeshe
9) Essence of Fine Speech Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Ngawang Drakpa of Dagpo
The texts above are Atisha’s Lamp for the Path together with the Eight Great Commentaries on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment
10) The Three Principle Aspects of the Path by Je Tsong Khapa
11) Foundation of All Good Qualities by Je Tsong Khapa
12) Destiny Fulfilled: The Spiritual Biography of Lama Tsong Khapa by Je Tsong Khapa
13) The Essence of Nectar – Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Kongpo Lama Yeshe Tsondru
14) The Southern Lineage – Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Je Gendun Jamyang
15) Zhamar Pandita’s Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by The Fourth Amdo Zhamar, Gendun Tenzin Gyatso
16) Zhamar Pandita’s Treatise on Special Insight by The Fourth Amdo Zhamar, Gendun Tenzin Gyatso
17) Liberation in the Palm of One’s Hand Spoken by Pabongka Rinpoche Compiled by Trijang Rinpoche
18) Textual Outline for the Medium Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment
by Trijang Rinpoche
Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: seraphim and 3 guests