Tharchin Rinpoche Dzogchen Teachings "Mountain Retreat"

Yudron

Tharchin Rinpoche Dzogchen Teachings "Mountain Retreat"

Post by Yudron »

"Mountain Retreat" teachings with Lama Tharchin Rinpoche this Thanksgiving
November 22-25, 2012

During this retreat, Lama Tharchin Rinpoche will give teachings on a quintessential Dzogchen Great Perfection text, commonly known as "Mountain Retreat"(The full title is Ri Chod: Extracting the Quintessence of Accomplishment – Oral Instructions for the Practice of Mountain Retreat Expounded Simply and Directly in their Essential Nakedness)

Mountain Retreat was written by HH Dudjom Rinpoche for his group of three year retreatants. Lama Tharchin Rinpoche was part of that retreat and received these instructions at that time. While these are retreat instructions, they are of vital relevance not only for those in retreat but for the majority of us who must integrate our Dharma practice with the phenomena of our daily lives.

In Lama Tharchin Rinpoche’s words:

“These perfect instructions show us how to begin, how to continue our practice, and how to conclude our lives completely integrated with the Dharma, maintaining that continually until reaching enlightenment.

"This Mountain Retreat is in the upadesha [Dzogchen pointing out] tradition. The entire essence of the Buddhadharma coalesces in just a few vajra words from HH Dudjom Rinpoche’s realization. It is like the great adept Jigme Lingpa said that he doesn’t have the patience to wait three eons to attain enlightenment. Rather, just remain in rigpa, the ultimate true Buddha that is within our essence of mind, which is brilliant, luminous, present awareness. Recognize that perfect view, maintain that awareness through meditation, and integrate our view and meditation in action. This kind of awakening isn’t based on time or on developing gradually, but rather realization is instantaneous … Personally speaking, it is more effective for me to read this Mountain Retreat rather than one hundred thousand other Dharma books.

"Also, my personal connection to this text is very special. HH Dudjom Rinpoche directly gave us this instruction while I was in 3-year retreat at the Lama Ling Rigdzin Gatshal Drubdra in Kongpo, Tibet. Since I received this instruction in my early twenties, it has been so special and essential for my personal practice. It is the text I return to again and again for advice on how to fully integrate my life with the Dharma ...

"My Vajrayana Foundation friends did request these teachings for this Thanksgiving Retreat, in particular saying that we never know about our future and how long any of us will be here together. And so while I am in no way qualified with my knowledge or experience, I recall Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche told me that in the West people don’t have the knowledge or time to do practice, but still just merely hearing precious pith teachings such as these can plant a seed for realization and not to fear teaching this kind of high teaching. In the same way, we all can listen and benefit from such teachings according to our own capacity. We already received these teachings from our lord protector Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche, so I can just remind our sangha and keep the flame burning.”

More information about the retreat, including a longer retreat description, pricing, registration, etc., can be found through this link http://www.vajrayana.org/retreats/thank ... etreat-12/

The daily teaching schedule (23-25) is as follows:
10:00 – 12:30 PM
3:00 – 5:30PM (on Sunday Nov 25 the afternoon session is from 2:30-5:00 PM)

If you would like to register now you can do so through this link http://www.vajrayana.org/retreats/register
Yudron

Re: Tharchin Rinpoche Dzogchen Teachings "Mountain Retreat"

Post by Yudron »

Bump. This weekend.

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”