Trekchod Retreat with Lama Tharchin Dec31 - Jan15

phantom59

Trekchod Retreat with Lama Tharchin Dec31 - Jan15

Post by phantom59 »

Event : Annual Trekchod Retreat with Lama Tharchin
Date : December 31 - January 15, 2012
Venue : Pema Osel Ling
Address : 2013 Eureka Canyon Road, Corralitos, CA 95076
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/vajrayanafoundation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Directions : http://www.vajrayana.org/directions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website : http://www.vajrayana.org/retreats/trekc ... reat-2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Programme :
Sheyrik Dorje Nӧnpo Gyud is the wisdom mind treasure of the Lord of the Dance, Traktung Dudjom Lingpa, who experienced Kuntuzangpo directly in a vision giving teachings and answering questions to his own emanation retinue of bodhisattvas. Of Dudjom Lingpa’s five Dzogchen tantra treasures (the others being Neluk Rangjung, Magom Sangye also known as the Nang Jang, Dagö Japu Chen and Sangtri Kagyama), this is the root tantra treasure.

Our teachings will cover the Sheyrik Dorje Nӧnpo Gyud along with a commentary, The Essence of the Clear Meaning, written by Dudjom Lingpa’s main disciple Pema Tashi. With this perfect combination of the perfect teacher and perfect student, the root text and commentary is unbelievably beautiful, incredibly amazing and carries great blessings.

I have never had the opportunity to teach this root text and commentary outside of Tibet. Even though I am not a professional teacher and lack qualities, I do hold the lineage and have the explicit permission from my wisdom teachers to give these teachings. Therefore it is possible that some blessings accompany these teachings and this year I will do my best to open this up to all of you, my Dharma friends, serious practitioners who have finished your ngӧndro in the proper way. Therefore I will make this unique special offering to my Dharma friends.

This teaching in ten chapters is traditionally given over the period of a month. But as we are in the West and our time is limited, we have made the retreat shorter. Still, our time together will truly contain the entire path of Dzogchen’s view, meditation, action and result. I think it will be of great benefit.

Lama Tharchin Rinpoche

Requirements
Rinpoche has requested that the Trekchöd Retreat be restricted. If the student has completed Rinpoche’s Drubdra, Rushen Retreat, or any of the previous Trekchöd Retreats (from January 2001-2011), then they do not need permission to attend this retreat.
In order to attend retreat, the student should have completed the Dudjom Tersar, Khandro T’huk-T’hik or Tröma Nagmo Ngöndro. If someone has finished ngöndro from another lineage, then Rinpoche requests that they also complete at least 10% of the Dudjom Tersar Ngöndro, preferably prior to retreat.
Rinpoche requires that retreatants attend all of the teachings. It is very important to receive these teachings in their entirety. People must also commit to individual practice sessions.

Schedule
The retreat will start December 31, 2011 with an evening tsok starting at 6:30 PM. Rinpoche’s first teaching will start on January 1 at 10-12:30 PM. The retreat will end on January 15 after the 9:00 – 12:30 PM tsok session.

Non-member early registration rate
Full retreat US$855
Commuter rate US$695

•Vajrakilaya Gutor and Losar Retreat
February 12-22, 2012 --- Details TBA
Gutor Feb 20; Tangrak Feb 21; Losar Feb 22

•Spring Retreat with Lama Tharchin Rinpoche
April 5-8, 2012
Dudjom Lingpa's Dzogchen Dohas (songs of realization)

•Vajrayana Foundation's Annual Summer Retreat: May 26 - June 29
May 26-June 4: Dorsem Lama Chopa (Vajrasattva)
June 6-14: Throma Nagmo
June 18-19: Shitro Ngagso
June 21-29: Collection of Seven Treasures Drupchen
May 26 - June 16: Rushen (Dzogchen Preliminary practice)
Details To Be Announced

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”