Quotes

Share your stories and poems with us here.
gloriasteinem

Quotes

Post by gloriasteinem »

When I was in high school, I had favourite book quotes, it would be from philosophers, writers, books, novels and I would learn them by heart, not even write them so to be able to use them in talks, because I liked the kind of highly intelligent conversations / rhetoric. But in time I made more effort in learning new scientific materials not quotes and I forgot them. Aside that my "intelligent talks" suffer I just don't read books that much now, but information on topics.

Still I have a favourite source for quotes and it is funny, because it is a TV series (I would not say exactly which) that use a lot of quoting from books in it. So my latest favourite book TV serie quote is:

"If you feel reckless etc. you have to learn to listen" (to other people, what other people say)

I need to, and it goes in my mind I should change to listening because there's something inside me like pain that I cannot eleviate or cure (I know how to meditate, or acupuncture, psychology but it gets worse when I myself try to ...) and I only feel it disappears when I just listen. But it's just me and my habit of bein afraid of people (yes indeed) and it holds me back so much, I know that. I don't know what to do? I just feel love and some love that comes in that way but how am I to change?
joy&peace

Re: Quotes

Post by joy&peace »

Though I had studied and practiced, chanted and meditated for over a decade, and had many wonderful experiences, the most transforming were when I heard Tara Brach's and Thich Nhat Hanh's dharma talks.

http://tarabrach.com/audioarchives2009.html

http://www.uth.tmc.edu/pathology/hemato ... otes-2.htm (quotes)

May these be of benefit.
Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate bodhi svaha
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Thanks.

The point is I live in a place where everything is in not right angle, it is built this way, and I have vestiblation problems and it is literary challenge for me, and with time it's not only the daily confusion, floors too are not parallel to ground, it hold even a pain, a feeling inside of things not being right, for second I feel very bad I don't really have light my room and then again unpleasant and nightmares, I have at least temperature and heat the way I want it, I cannot complain because I am very sensitive to this too, but then again I am very sensitive to people's voices and feel their soul, it hurts me literary what I feel from the outside and it's not good neither good to me. I know that. They may listen to my phone my neighbours but I listen to their souls and hurts! It's terrible. I live in horror every frak day. I know the saying no one is a prophet in his own village and I made a ground mistake of coming here at all. People often will not like me of my prophecy believes but this exceeds this. It's a hatred and rebel of unspeakable amount. Maybe they even don't know what's going on in their souls because they are drunkies and even spirits can affect them pretty easily, also some of them are paid by the baddies surely and the other don't know that and think "it's joke". I think I know how they crusified Christ, it's horrible but it is enormous hatred that goes and it is unstoppable. And I am not even that "enlightened" or high but they hate so much! They wanna be over what is above them. They souls are a mess. I ache constantly. And honestly I become mistrustful to normal people or hardly can believe someone when treats me good. It is happening I know, but I am so in to myself of the pain. Also this feeling of thread just gets painful I feel things more sharply and painfully, like a nightmare. I don't want to put this on other people who might have good living after all but to be honest the suffering get unspeakable I only know I don't want to and I am affraid to not be involved by them into their hatred and behaviour because while they laugh at me it's like they try to force me into something different, to corrupt me! I know this!
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Also by listening I obviously meant people of rather different quality and having some rationality. The thing is that probably while listening to the monstrous talks and "souls moving" I just am affraid to listen at all, I just close the doors to my soul and I feel I miss sometimes but then again it all continue so maybe it is a way to say sorry. Or that I wish I could "jump over" this all, probably, maybe, God knows.
joy&peace

Post by joy&peace »

It takes time, but all will be well.

With metta,
Jacob
Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate bodhi svaha

Return to “Creative Writing”