Change to Terms of Service

Messages from the admin team about how the forum operates. Please read them!
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Change to Terms of Service

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi Folks, there's been a slight change to our Terms of Service. I would encourage everyone to quickly review them. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Laura :)
ronnewmexico

Re: Change to Terms of Service

Post by ronnewmexico »

Geeze Louise..no link. I demand a link.!! You mean I have to now go search for terms of service as well as do all those other things I do? Geeze Louise!!

JOkeing.....I am jokeing.

There was this bodhisttava once who I have heard, his head exploded because he had no link and to many things to do.....well at least that is how I have heard it???
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

ronnewmexico wrote:Geeze Louise..no link. I demand a link.!! You mean I have to now go search for terms of service as well as do all those other things I do? Geeze Louise!!

JOkeing.....I am jokeing.

There was this bodhisttava once who I have heard, his head exploded because he had no link and to many things to do.....well at least that is how I have heard it???
Hi Ron,

Please pardon my oversight :)
The link is: http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20

You can also find a link to the terms of service at the top of every forum now.

Kindly,
Laura
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Well luckily I am no Bodhisttava(I cannot even spell the name)....so it only made my nose run.

Wait here while I go catch it!!

Thanks.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

No references to the NKT? Really? This is particularly awkward for me. I regard the Dalai Lama as my main teacher atm, but the local meditation group is NKT. The teachings there are very mainstream and tantra has not even been mentioned. Unless you count Green Tara and Medicine Buddha empowerments.

So what do I say if someone online asks me what I've been doing lately?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

catmoon wrote:No references to the NKT? Really? This is particularly awkward for me. I regard the Dalai Lama as my main teacher atm, but the local meditation group is NKT. The teachings there are very mainstream and tantra has not even been mentioned. Unless you count Green Tara and Medicine Buddha empowerments.

So what do I say if someone online asks me what I've been doing lately?
Hi Catmoon,

I think it's fine to be honest. The Terms of Service are meant to prevent sectarian bickering and flaming. As the site has progressed, the issue of the New Kadampa issue became problematic and some members on all sides of it (NKT members and members of other sects) were becoming quite regularly disgruntled.

This was the simplest solution, because the middle-of-the-road method we were using wasn't working, despite our good intentions.

I hope that helps :)

Best,
Laura
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Well, what is needed is self-gruntling people. Or a Master Gruntler as moderator.

Ok I try it your way and see how it goes. Hope I remember.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

catmoon wrote:Well, what is needed is self-gruntling people. Or a Master Gruntler as moderator.

Ok I try it your way and see how it goes. Hope I remember.
Just be yourself catmoon. I like it just that way :)

As for gruntling, well, it happens. But I can at least try to not let it disrupt the forum too much.

Thanks for all of your contributions here catmoon, and I mean that.

Kind wishes,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

catmoon wrote:Or a Master Gruntler as moderator.
I just looked back at this again and giggled.
Gruntling isn't really my best talent.

:jumping:

Return to “Announcements”